AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

copying installation from one laptop to another produces strange boot resolution

Author djnykk
Partaker
#1 Posted: 22 Jun 2009 19:37 
Hi

I installed and set up everhtning I want in AmiKit at 1440x900 resolution for my fathers laptop. Then I archived everything and copied to other laptop and then unpack & start my Amiga.uae configuration file.

Luckily - everything works perfectly, BUT during starting, when AmiKIT is booting, its resolution is not 1440x900 but is some weird resolution, so AmiKIt booting image is not centered, like it is set to wider resolution.

Do you have any idea how to set boot loader to open in the same resolution as Workbench is - 1440x900?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 23 Jun 2009 22:10 Edited by: AmiKit 
Are you sure the boot picture is displayed at 1440x900 resolution you YOUR laptop? As far as I remember there's no boot picture in such a resolution. Maybe your laptop displays the boot picture in different resolution and then, when the system is loaded, the resolution is switched to your 1440x900. This slows down the duration of boot process.

Anyway, you can disable the boot picture easily. Edit AmiKit:S/Startup-Sequence and insert semicolon in front of the following line:

SYS:Utilities/Expansion/ShowAmiga96/Bin/ShowAmiga96_Rev239C18

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 copying installation from one laptop to another produces strange boot resolution

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑