AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

amikit hangs at launch

Author lhomme qui tombe a pic
Partaker
#1 Posted: 25 Nov 2008 09:07 
hello
amik I use on a laptop that works very well
I just change the laptop and despite two installation CD with a bone or 3.9 cd amiga os XL, Amik freezes during startup
amik image appears, the progress bar advance to 100%, then it does nothing happens. I remain with the image amik and the progress bar and nothing happens.
I was under windows vista, I had this problem. I changed the system for windows xp but does not better.
Yet amik work on my pc fixed
my setup on my laptop:
turion64x2, 8600gs, 2Gig of RAM, Windows XP SP3
I do not see why amik does not start, so I need help
thank you

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 25 Nov 2008 09:49 
Like it is described in FAQ, there might be some error requester waiting for your confirmation behind the boot picture. Simply press the ESC button to quit the boot picture and tell me what's threre.

Thanks.

Author Amigadave

Partaker
#3 Posted: 29 Nov 2008 07:19 
It may not even be an error message, but instead the screen waiting for entry of the DOpus Magellen registration information, or to click RUN and wait until the few seconds while the message telling you to register to avoid this wait is displayed.

I have had times where this has happened.

Author klesterjr
#4 Posted: 2 Dec 2008 10:36 
I have (had) a similar problem too when I upgraded to SP3.

Seems to be something with the config file, but I can't track it down. Sometimes just "resaving" the config fixes things, but it never lasts.

I created a "fresh" config using the settings I'm used to and that's been working (so far).

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 2 Dec 2008 10:51 
Also it might happen that IPrefs crashes during the boot or your computer is just way too fast and several commands in startup-sequence might get executed at once. Therefore enable "C:Wait 1" line in front of C:IPrefs command in startup-sequence. Also enable this command in front of "Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/Birdie/Birdie ? <Env:Birdie.prefs" line. You might also want to increase the time to wait to eg. 2 or 3 (C:Wait 3) for testing purposes.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 amikit hangs at launch

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑