AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Problem with AmiKit after installation

Author x56h34
Partaker
#1 Posted: 25 Sep 2008 17:44 
Hi guys. I am a brand new AmiKit user.

I've installed AmiKit on my quad-core AMD Phenom system with 8GBs of ram, under Vista Ultimate x64, and as soon as I click on Run AmiKit and I see WinUAE trying to display the windowed screen, the program crashes. WinUAE cannot be exited gracefuly and I need to kill it from the task manager (end task).

On my Laptop, runing XP Professional x86 version (Intel Centrino Duo CPU) everything works great with the default settings, without any issues.

I am using a v3.1 A4000 40.68 kickstart rom. Changing to the A1200 based rom doesn't help either.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 25 Sep 2008 18:15 
Seems the problem is Vista specific. I'll point the author of WinUAE here. Meanwhile please post more detailed info about your system configuration (gfx card, version of the gfx drivers, etc.).

Also use the "Configure WinUAE" button and enable Logging options in WinUAE/Misc settings and start the emulation. When it crashes, the log files should be available in your AmiKit\WinUAE folder.

Thanks!

Author x56h34
Partaker
#3 Posted: 25 Sep 2008 19:19 
Thanks for the reply. I will gather all the info and post back as soon as possible.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 25 Sep 2008 21:15 Edited by: AmiKit 
Thanks. Btw. send the crash logs directly to Toni Wilen.

PS: Updating to the latest drivers might help.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Problem with AmiKit after installation

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑