AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Trouble... (Windows drive named SYS or AmiKit)

Author Peter Stahlberg
Partaker
#1 Posted: 19 Mar 2008 23:35 
Hi,
I have used Amikit before (bot 1.3 and 1.4x) and have copies since before my re-installation of windows XP pro.
I copied back the folder and tried to start Amikit 1.4. But it get's stuck on "Afa_OS_libs". It wants the volume to be inserted. It seems like the assign does not work. If I cancel other error messages pop up indicating the same.
I have tried to add "wait" lines since I use a 2.4 GHz core2duo cpu. I also upgraded WinUAE to the latest version. But nothing seems to work.

I tried to do a new install from your latest package, but something goes wrong with the console device. So I replaced it manually and the same problem as above poped up.

I do not understand this. It is like all the assigns does not happen for some strange reason. The same happens in version 1.3x too.

Any clues to what I'm going to do?

Author Peter Stahlberg
Partaker
#2 Posted: 20 Mar 2008 14:36 
Ok I'm back and I figured it out.
This is something to put in the FAQ I think.

The user should at all times avaoid to use common Amiga volume names as well as Assigned volume names, in the naming of Windows partitions. VERY important!
I hade C: named "Sys" and this changed all, not only in Amikit but in Amiga Forever too.
And it is a tricky problem too. To obvious to see right away. All seems fine and yet nothing works. Annoying to say the least .
But now it's fixed and everthing works.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 20 Mar 2008 16:34 
Not very long ago there was a user who named his Windows partition "AmiKit" and the whole thing stopped working. I'll mention it in the FAQ. Thanks!

Author Peter Stahlberg
Partaker
#4 Posted: 20 Mar 2008 16:49 
Oh, and by the way...

Since my trial is now concluded and I'm VERY happy with what you have done I made a donation to you. This EXCELLENT piece of software needs support!
Thank you!

Author Anonymous
#5 Posted: 1 Aug 2011 00:53 
Thank you so much for this thread! I also had my windows drive named Sys: Maybe the installation scripts should NOT refer to Sys: at all but the drive name itself. It'll be idiot proof that way :p (no offense meant Peter)

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Trouble... (Windows drive named SYS or AmiKit)

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑