AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

AmiKit on E-UAE/Mac: Missing Opus toolbars, GoldEd icon, and other mysteries...

Author Xious
Partaker
#1 Posted: 21 Jan 2008 13:01 
It was a long, hard road, but I have AK running on my G5 under E-UAE. Unfortunately, during the tedious process, three problems arose, namely:

The Opus5 toolbar has vanished from both icon and name listers. Just the row of buttons is missing, but I don't know where the original file that controls them is located.

Whatever generates the shiny appearance of the window frames and gadgets turns on at startup, but is immediately disabled as son as the Opus5 "wait" requester comes on-screen. What app gives the windows their "themed" appearance with the shiny blue borders?

The icon for GoldEdit had vanished. I can find it in its drawer, but it has no icon. It now looks like a standard tool, though it does load. Where is the original .info file for the GoldEd app in the installation so that I can restore it from the original setup?

I'm still tinkering around, attempting to get the DVD drive up and running. It should work (in theory) if I can get both sides to speak with each other. Uaescsi.device on E-UAE is a tricky beast for MacOS X.

The funny thing is, AM (and UAE in general) seems to run faster on VirtualPC, which I'm guessing is because the JIT compiler can run from there, which VPC then re-compiles to PPC. The problem is that VPC doesn't allow enough memory access and UAE is totally unstable there. It's too bad that there's no JIT compiler for the Mac end. Oh well.

In any event, I'd very-much-a-lot appreciate help with the issues above. Thanks in advance, and keep cranking out amazing these compilations.

X|S

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 22 Jan 2008 23:25 
Hi Xious.

With regards to the Opus5 toolbar, press the right-mouse button and select Listers -> Edit Lister Toolbar. When the Button Bank Editor window appears press the right-mouse again and select Project -> Open and doubleclick "toolbar" file or "toolbar_Ken's bar" file. Then press "OK" or "Save" button in Button Bank Editor window.

The shiny appearance of the window frames and gadgets are enabled by the following commands in startup-sequence:

Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/TitleShadow/TitleShadow
Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/VisualPrefs/VisualPrefs
Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/VisualPrefs/TRAP ALL
Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/Birdie/Birdie ? <Env:Birdie.prefs

The GoldEd (microgolded) icon can be found here: AmiKit:C/ed.info

I would say that more things are broken in your installation, it seems like certain programs refuses to start in your startup-sequence and cause all these programs. The only explanation that comes to my mind is that during the file transfer from PC to Mac some or all the files have lost their specific attributes (eg. Executability" and now simply refuse to start. Check it first. Check this thread please.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 AmiKit on E-UAE/Mac: Missing Opus toolbars, GoldEd icon, and other mysteries...

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑