AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 60
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

AmiKit Install?

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#1 Posted: 19 Dec 2007 10:40 
OK. My WinEAU system crashed. In attempting to recover, I ended up removing both AmiKit and Amiga Forever. Installed Amiga Forever. I then installed Amikit. When the install was almost complete (where Amikit asks the screen size,you select, it then shows complete," hit enter to start". When that is done, Amikit starts all over again and goes through the "loop" several times before it finally launched the AmiKit screen. Prior to the crash, I did get randomly an error in the Dos screen "Error 1000 2328". Note: I don't attribute the error to my crash. Only to note the issue as I type here). It restarts and comes up from the error OK. Interesting that when I originally installed Amiga Forever and Amikit, I did not have any problem. It even asked if I wanted to print a CD label. Second install it did not ask. Anyhow, I'm back up and running. I did make a CD of both Amikit Install and Amiga Forever which I used on the re-install.

A final note: The reason for the crash was as the result of me attempting to modify the system start-up file, removing a semicolon from a Run statement. Yes a no no on my part. Any ideas on my reinstall and the Dos error msg? Oh, is there a way to correct the Dos start-up page if the emulator does not come up? What happens when an attempt is made to run Amikit to bring up WinEAU, the load process hangs on the Opus launch with the install bar slowly crawling to the right but never finishs. That's the reason for my complete re-install.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 19 Dec 2007 19:50 
Usually there's no need to re-install AmiKit or Amiga Forever just because the WinUAE crashed.

Anyway, the reason why AmiKit got into installation loop was (probably) that the source directory was write-protected and thus AmiKit failed to overwrite the installation startup-sequence with the regular startup sequence. If this happens again, better un-install AmiKit, then delete the AmiKit folder (as there still might be some files left even after the uninstallation), restart your computer and install the AmiKit again.

The reason for the crash was as the result of me attempting to modify the system start-up file, removing a semicolon from a Run statement.

Always edit the startup-sequence in Amiga environment, not on the Windows side. Simply press and hold the right-mouse button over the file and select "Open with Ed"

It even asked if I wanted to print a CD label.

Really? There's no such a feature in AmiKit...

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#3 Posted: 19 Dec 2007 20:43 
Hi:

The CD label must have come from the Amiga Forever. Anyhow, the label looks good! Thank you for the tip on the startup.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 AmiKit Install?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑