AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

First works then don't

Author santbrieg
Partaker
#1 Posted: 4 Nov 2007 23:41 
Helo,

A curious problem.
Installation of Amikit 1.4 cd on a winxp computer with no problem. Amikit found the rom place and all the stuff needed on the hd.
I tried some of the game and others; was ok. Then went back to win app.
When I wanted to return to Amiga emulation messages opened, asking me that there is no more rom and then the configuration window of winUae opened too. Ok, I try to change the path to where are my roms ( I own Amiga4Ever, but not the last one) but the config refuse to change. Copying the rom to the path shown in the uae config window, make no change.
What's wrong there ?
Thanks for helping
Santbrieg

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 5 Nov 2007 09:15 
Hello,

I noticed WinUAE cannot find the ROM file on certain configurations - even though the ROM file is there and located correctly. This happens when AmigaForever6 is or was installed. I was not able to track the exact circumstances yet.

Anyway, it should help if you move the "ROMs" folder from "AmiKit" to "AmiKit\WinUAE\" folder. Does it work for you now?

Author santbrieg
Partaker
#3 Posted: 6 Nov 2007 03:39 
Hi,

Seems to be ok now

Thanks.

Other questions but for other forum...

Santbrieg.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 First works then don't

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑