AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 35
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Problems trying to install v1.4 to USB stick

Author wiser3
Partaker
#1 Posted: 22 Oct 2007 17:33 
I'm trying to install AmiKit v1.4 to my USB stick. The initial installation seemed to be fine.

When i try to run AmiKit i get a black screen, then an Amiga error message of "Unable to open uaescsi.device unit 0". This requester quickly auto closes and i see the AmiKit bootup screen. I never get the Megellan registration screen but the loading bar quickly loads and nothing else happens.

I made sure the WinUAE configuration settings/misc/ uaescsi.device is checked. If i check the WinUAE setting after the above error message the uaescsi.device setting is checked but grayed out.

Has anyone else tried installing to a USB stick? Did you have any problems?

Any suggestions on how i can get this to work? Thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 22 Oct 2007 18:31 
Remove CD0 (CD1, CD2, etc.) file from AmiKit:Devs/DosDrivers and the error message should be gone.

If the AmiKit bootup screen doesn't disappear, press ESC key to quit it manually. It is possible that some requester is waiting for your action behind the bootup picture.

For more info how to disable the bootup screen permanently please refer to FAQ.

Author wiser3
Partaker
#3 Posted: 22 Oct 2007 21:03 
Remove CD0 (CD1, CD2, etc.) file from AmiKit:Devs/DosDrivers and the error message should be gone.

Thanks, that did the trick. It's working fine.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Problems trying to install v1.4 to USB stick

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑