AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Please Help me!!!

Author david johnston
Partaker
#1 Posted: 15 Oct 2007 02:33 
hi, i downloaded AmiKit and i have Amiga Forever 6.0 CD.

I was hoping to copy over the startup and startup 2 sequences to my Amikit S folder but here is the problem:

In my C:\Program Files\Cloanto\Amiga Forever\Emulation\shared\dir\System\S Directory i only have a Startup-Sequence and no Startup-Sequence2.

and in my AmiKit folder C:\Program Files\AmiKit\AmiKit\S i only have Startup-Sequence2.

So where do i go from here please any help will be more than appreciated, i am totally itching to get it up and running and if and when i can rest assured i will be making multiple donations

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 15 Oct 2007 09:50 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi David, here's the "step by step" guide:

1) Install AmiKit
2) Before you run it, download the following archive that contains both startup-sequences you need.
3) Unzip the downloaded archive and copy the Startup-Sequence and Startup-Sequence2 to your AmiKit installation into C:Program Files\AmiKit\AmiKit\S\ drawer and overwrite the existing files there.
4) Now run the AmiKit emulation, select English language and then hit the "AmigaForever CD" button. Insert your Amiga Forever 6 CD and the installation should continue.

Author david johnston
Partaker
#3 Posted: 15 Oct 2007 13:36 
Hi, Thanks for the quick reply, i got one little step further, after doing what you said i get the terms agreement part and when i press Enter i then get this error:

AmigaForever:Emulation/shared/dir/System/C/Execute: Unknown Command

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 15 Oct 2007 13:39 
Please check the presence of the file on your AmigaForever CD in the given location.

Author david johnston
Partaker
#5 Posted: 16 Oct 2007 01:38 
execute is in the following location: E:\Emulation\shared\dir\System\C

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 16 Oct 2007 10:05 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hmmm, providing the E: is your CD-ROM drive, it should work. Strange.

Okay, there's another possibility. AmiKit can copy the system files from
1) AmigaForever6 CD or
2) from the HDD folder where the AmigaForever files are installed.

Since the first possibility failed, let's try the second one. Please install the AmigaForever6 on your hard disk first (into default location) and then download the archive with AmiKit startup-sequences that are able to copy the AmigaForever files from your HDD to AmiKit:

Amiga Forever 6 Installed on your HDD (Online Edition) - download and unzip the archive. Copy the Startup-Sequence and Startup-Sequence2 to your AmiKit installation into AmiKit\AmiKit\S drawer and overwrite the existing files there. Before you start the emulation, make sure your Windows C: partition has NO additional name (like MyDisk or WinXP or whatever). Simply leave it unlabeled so it's called just "C:". Run the emulation, select English and then select the "AF Installed" button. Your Amiga Forever 6 Online edition must be located in "C:\Program Files\Cloanto\Amiga Forever\" path, otherwise the AmiKit installation won't work.

Author tmaximus89
Partaker
#7 Posted: 29 May 2009 10:44 
Hmmm, providing the E: is your CD-ROM drive, it should work. Strange.

Okay, there's another possibility. AmiKit can copy the system files from
1) AmigaForever6 CD or
2) from the HDD folder where the AmigaForever files are installed.

Since the first possibility failed, let's try the second one. Please install the AmigaForever6 on your hard disk first (into default location) and then download the archive with AmiKit startup-sequences that are able to copy the AmigaForever files from your HDD to AmiKit:

Amiga Forever 6 Installed on your HDD (Online Edition) - download and unzip the archive. Copy the Startup-Sequence and Startup-Sequence2 to your AmiKit installation into AmiKit\AmiKit\S drawer and overwrite the existing files there. Before you start the emulation, make sure your Windows C: partition has NO additional name (like MyDisk or WinXP or whatever). Simply leave it unlabeled so it's called just "C:". Run the emulation, select English and then select the "AF Installed" button. Your Amiga Forever 6 Online edition must be located in "C:\Program Files\Cloanto\Amiga Forever\" path, otherwise the AmiKit installation won't work.

Thanks for this great help.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Please Help me!!!

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑