AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Amiga Forever 2005 - This is NOT a valid source of AmigaOS

Author Chris Pratt
Partaker
#1 Posted: 22 Aug 2007 17:21 
Hi all

I am trying to install AmiKit using my Amiga Forever 2005 CD. It says the disk appears to be Amiga Forever 2005/2006 but then says it is not a valid source of AmigaOS.

Can anyone help!?!?!?

Thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 22 Aug 2007 17:57 
There is one more possibility you can do with your CD. Install the Amiga Forever first, then run the AmiKit and select "AF Installed" as a source of your system files.

Does it work?

Author Chris Pratt
Partaker
#3 Posted: 22 Aug 2007 21:38 
Huuuray! The installed version worked! Many thanks!

Author gilles
Partaker
#4 Posted: 18 Nov 2008 22:21 
hello,

i read this topic and unfortunately it didn't work for me.

I installed AmigaForever2005 and amikit says it is not a valid source ...

i let the default installation paths for both amikit and AF

My computer is a dell vostro laptop with windows xp pro

any idea ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 18 Nov 2008 23:25 
Hmm, did you install the latest AmiKit package? V1.5

You might want to try to update the Amiga Forever 2005 via its Software Director to Amiga Forever 2006. It's free and it might help.

Author gilles
Partaker
#6 Posted: 19 Nov 2008 20:10 
yes i installed the latest version of amikit. And i tried to upgrade via software director but it does not show any upgrade available for AF ... is it possible to copy/paste files manually ? Can you help me doing it ?
thanks !

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 19 Nov 2008 20:51 
It's not enough to just copy/paste the files manually. What is your version of Amiga Forever 2005? Online, Plus or Premium?

Author gilles
Partaker
#8 Posted: 19 Nov 2008 22:44 
no it's the CD version. I installed the software manager from the cd, then after checking for upgrades, it updates the -now called- sotware director, then i can dowload some other cloanto applications but nothing like amigaforever updates.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 19 Nov 2008 23:57 Edited by: AmiKit 
Amiga Forever 2005 comes in three different versions:
1) Online Edition is a downloadable .exe installer
2) Plus Edition comes as a downloadable ISO image which can be burnt to CD
3) Premium Edition is an original physical CD bundled with two DVDs.

Which version do you have? Are you sure you have Amiga Forever 2005 and not v5? Chronologically there was v5, then v6, then 2005, then 2006 and the latest one is 2008. Default AmiKit supports versions 2005 and higher. This means versions like 6 or 5 or any earlier versions are NOT officially supported. More info on how to use unsupported Amiga Forever versions with AmiKit is here.

Anyway, there are two options how to use Amiga Forever 2005 or higher with AmiKit. Either install it and then select "AF Installed" button when AmiKit asks for the source of system files OR simply insert your Amiga Forever CD into the drive and select "AmigaForever CD" button. The second option doesn't require Amiga Forever to be installed before.

Author gilles
Partaker
#10 Posted: 22 Nov 2008 12:32 
i'm sorry, this is actually Amiga Forever 5 CD - gonna check in the forum how to make it work - thanks

Author tmaximus89
Partaker
#11 Posted: 29 May 2009 10:43 
I was having the same problem.
Thanks for the concern and the info...

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Amiga Forever 2005 - This is NOT a valid source of AmigaOS

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑