AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

UAE on Mac Feezes on startup

Author JGolden
Partaker
#1 Posted: 19 Jul 2007 07:16 
I have read over the other things mentioned when trying this style of install but to no avail.

What is happening is that the Boin-world backdrop comes up and the loader bar goes it's happy way, but just before finishing, it stops and freezes...

This is all running on a Mac G3 Quicksilver with OSX 10.4.10 on it with e-UAE 0.8.29 and Hi Toro ver. 0.4.13.

The only two things I can think of are that i had to recreat the paths for the two mounts and when ever I try to use the orig. config file from Amikit. it says:

the obsolete option "nr_floppies" has been ignored

as well as:

Do you want to import obsolete filesystem entries?

the second one is for the Dirs AK0: and Amikit:

Any clues?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 19 Jul 2007 11:51 
It seems that everything was installed fine and it runs as expected. Otherwise there would not be any boing-world displayed.

What you should try first is to disable this boot picture in startup-sequence so you can see what is happening in the background (or you can press ESC as soon as the picture is displayed to quit it).

Let me know please.

Author JGolden
Partaker
#3 Posted: 20 Jul 2007 08:14 
Hmmm,

Well I works at random times. When it DOES work, it'll give me the requester to put in my code for magellin (spelling?). It also says it's trying to reset the desktop and asks me to close all windows. This all happens abo. 3/4 into the startup line progression.

Is the progress line actually connected to the strtup or is it an animated thing to make us feel warm and fuzzy? I tried to disable (esc key) but t just brings up a shell most of the time...

For some crazy feeling, I think I'm not getting to see the requester for magellin so it just sits and waits for he input I can never give...

Any ideas?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 20 Jul 2007 11:08 
Ok, time to disable the boot picture completely in startup-sequence. Find and put semicolon in front of this line:

SYS:Utilities/Expansion/ShowAmiga96/Bin/ShowAmiga96_Rev239C18

Btw. the progress bar is for effect only. Actually, at least it remembers how long the previous boot took and adjust the duration of the next progress bar accordingly.

You can also try to use AmiKit/S/Startup-Sequence.SAFEMODE instead of the regular startup-sequence. Back up the original one and rename the SAFEMODE one to regular one. Most of the patches are disabled in this SAFEMODE startup so it should boot.

It might also be a screen mode problem. As soon as you boot with the SAFEMODE startup, run "AmiKit:Prefs/ScreenMode AmiKit" and select 800x600. Then boot with regular startup-sequence instead of the SAFEMODE one.

However I have never tried AmiKit on Mac, anyone else here?

Author JGolden
Partaker
#5 Posted: 20 Jul 2007 19:30 Edited by: JGolden 
ok, Fixed it.

After disabling the ShowAmiga I could see the SCSI error requestor that was locking things up...

Easy fix, disabled the Emu SCSI from Hi Toro and it works!

I realized another problem, but that is for a new thread

Thankz again Amikit, YOU ROCK!!!!!

*EDIT* BTW, how do I use the CD-Rom drive now ;) any help?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 22 Jul 2007 22:42 Edited by: AmiKit 
Check AmiKit:Devs/DosDrivers/CD0.info file for tooltypes. There should be something like "uaescsi.device" specified. Change it according to the Mac's needs (check the manual of your emulator).

Another solution is to add CD path as a harddrive in the configuration before you start AmiKit. However this solution is not very practical as you cannot change CDs on the fly. I think you have to reboot AmiKit each time you insert new CD into your drive.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 UAE on Mac Feezes on startup

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑