AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Does not start after update

Author xanathon
Partaker
#1 Posted: 28 May 2007 18:20 
After the startup-problems described in another post I got it to run.

But:

When the update-window popped up I let AmiKit update itself (to 1.3.5 if I remember correct). Now it does not boot to the end. I get the DirOpus window, where I click start, then the progress-bar goes to nearly the end then stops. The processor core on which WinUAE runs goes to 100%.

Any ideas?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 28 May 2007 18:33 Edited by: AmiKit 
In this case, the first step is to hit Esc key to quit the boot picture. There might be some error requester waiting for your confirmation behind the boot picture.

Author xanathon
Partaker
#3 Posted: 28 May 2007 18:49 
I did that, no error-messages but some icons are not correct and also some functions are missing (iconx does not work, for example).

Also the startbar is missing.

Demo Image

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 28 May 2007 18:57 
The 1.3.0 update comes with a new feature (DualPNG icon support) which cannot be enabled on the fly. The result looks like the screenshot you posted.

After the installation of 1.3.0 or higher packages, as soon as you boot into desktop the requester should have appeared and asked you to restart the emulation to enable the new feature. The reboot is not enough. It is enough to quit the WinUAE completely and start AmiKit again.

Author xanathon
Partaker
#5 Posted: 28 May 2007 19:08 Edited by: xanathon 
Yes, I did a complete restart.

But, no, that did not help.

I already (before this problems) did a repair by copying all Amiga files from the installation archive (I extracted it) to the Amikit Amiga-folder.

I had to reinstall but got a working installation again. After that I did the updates.

I will do this again to get a working system. But what to do then? Only update to 1.3, then restart WinUAE, then update to 1.3.5?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 28 May 2007 19:29 
I already (before this problems) did a repair by copying all Amiga files from the installation archive (I extracted it) to the Amikit Amiga-folder.

What was the reason for this "repair"?

I will do this again to get a working system. But what to do then? Only update to 1.3, then restart WinUAE, then update to 1.3.5?

The problems could be caused by the AF6, I am not sure. Anyway, try to install fresh full 1.2.0 archive, then install 1.3.x cumulative archive and run AmiKit. If it works, update to latest version using the LiveUpdate.

Author xanathon
Partaker
#7 Posted: 28 May 2007 20:11 Edited by: xanathon 
What was the reason for this "repair"?

Whilst the update WinUAE crashed and Amikit won't start anymore.

The problems could be caused by the AF6, I am not sure. Anyway, try to install fresh full 1.2.0 archive, then install 1.3.x cumulative archive and run AmiKit. If it works, update to latest version using the LiveUpdate.

I'll try that, thank you very much for your quick replies! It's highly appreciated.

Edit: Ah, I never saw the 1.2->1.3 update exe, I updated in the emulation.

Author xanathon
Partaker
#8 Posted: 29 May 2007 14:21 Edited by: xanathon 
I installed 1.2 then made the update with the 1.3.0 exe.

After that I got the message that Amikit has to shutdown to enable the PNG support. I clicked okay and restarted the emulation.

I get the attached message, the "startbar" is missing the boing-icon, other icons are obviously "wrong".

Image 2

Thanks in advance!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 29 May 2007 17:23 
It seems like "C:morelibspace" is not present in your startup-sequence. Quit AmiKit, copy
AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/S/Startup-Sequence
to AmiKit:S/ directory again and run AmiKit.

The Startup-Sequence with morelibspace enabled should be from 19-Feb-2007 19:30:51

Author xanathon
Partaker
#10 Posted: 29 May 2007 22:20 
I already did that before I posted. To no avail...

Author AmiKit
Admin
#11 Posted: 29 May 2007 22:47 Edited by: AmiKit 
Ok, check wether the "C:morelibspace" command is in your Startup-Sequence and the file itself is in AmiKit:C/ folder as well.

Author xanathon
Partaker
#12 Posted: 31 May 2007 08:49 
Yes to both questions.

Thanks again, your help is appreciated.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#13 Posted: 1 Jun 2007 00:32 Edited by: AmiKit 
To say the truth, I am out of ideas. It has to be something in relation with AF6 that was used as a source of the system files. You already reported an error after the fresh installation, which is strange... Don't you have a possibility to install AmiKit with one of the supported sources like AF2006, OS3.9 or Amithlon?

Please check whether the AfA_OS is correctly installed (AmiKit:Utilities/Expansion/AfA_OS). Whether the assign AfA_OS_Libs: points to correct directory and whether "AfA_OS_Loader" is launched in your startup-sequence and the file itself is located in C:

You might want to update all the AfA_OS files to the latest version: afa_os_3.96.lha

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Does not start after update

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑