AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Amikit 120 crashes at installation

Author Drake008
Partaker
#1 Posted: 19 May 2007 21:52 Edited by: Drake008 
I can choose my language and after the my OS3.9 is checked and the disclaimer has been "enter"ed the screen with the ">" comes and installes until a point (after 18 of these ">" here) where the emulation crashes. The mouse hangs and nothing goes. I can press F12 for WinUAE and make a reset but here he loads a bit via hdd and hangs then, too.

Can somebody help please?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 19 May 2007 22:32 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hello,

make sure your CD is not scratched. There's no reason why the installation should crash. Also try to install latest WinUAE.exe into AmiKit\WinUAE\ folder, especially if you are using Vista and/or dualcore CPU.

Please tell me whether it works for you. If not, we can come up with another solution, don't worry.

Author Drake008
Partaker
#3 Posted: 21 May 2007 20:27 
Runs like a charm now.

Could you put a quicklink to the actual WinUAE on your site or isn't that allowed by the author of WinUAE? I had to look a while till I found the new 1430Beta2.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 22 May 2007 00:24 Edited by: AmiKit 
The link to WinUAE website is provided in the links section of AmiKit website, down right. Maybe I'll make it more visible but I don't want to link to beta releases directly.

Anyway, nice to hear AmiKit works for you now!

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Amikit 120 crashes at installation

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑