AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

BoingBag2 installation fails

Author MaxxTc
Partaker
#1 Posted: 7 May 2007 15:47 
Hi all.

I tried to install the Boingbag2 update. But it always stops with an error saying:

"XAD-error: missing or wrong password"

Please help me.

Thanks
MaxxTc

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 7 May 2007 16:15 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hello,

I cannot reproduce the problem. Can you describe exactly when does the message appear? Is your AmiKit freshly installed or have you modified anything? Was the installation of BoingBag1 successful?

Try to install the BoingBag2 again, select "Expert User" and then select "Do NOT install XAD 10". It might help. AmiKit contains newer XAD system anyway.

Author MaxxTc
Partaker
#3 Posted: 7 May 2007 16:22 
Hello.

The installation fails after the last question. When it begins to copy the files.
I tried the expertmode, but it didnt solve the problem. The error is the same.
I have OS XL installed. BooingBag1 is already installed there, isnt it?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 9 May 2007 12:03 Edited by: AmiKit 
I installed AmiKit 1.2.0 and then AmiKit_12x-130 update. I used OSXL CD as a source of system files. When the AmiKit desktop appeared, I installed BoingBag2 in Expert mode and everything worked as expected. No error appeared.

Maybe the CD filesystem used in AmiKit is not 100% compatible with your CD drive and thus the CD is not recognized correctly. Before you start AmiKit, try to mount your CD-Drive as a Directory.

Go to "Hard drives" section of WinUAE settings, press the "Add Directory" button.

Device Name: CD4
Volume Label: AmigaOS XL
Path: point to your CD drive with the CD inserted
disable Read/Write option

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 BoingBag2 installation fails

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑