AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Amiga Forever problem

Author AmigaAttitude
Partaker
#1 Posted: 13 May 2019 20:26 
Hello and thanks for AmiKit!

Is there any difference/advantage to installing using Amiga Forever (installed on Windows) over the AF DVD/ISO method? I'm asking because when trying the first method, eventually winuae.exe stops responding mid-install and I can only kill the process. Restarting AmiKit seems to resume installation but leads to the same result.

This is with AmiKit X (the installer I had downloaded a year or so ago), current Amiga Forever 8, W10 Pro 1809 x64. Installing X with the AF iso method is trouble-free, and I also easily managed to update to XE.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 13 May 2019 20:34 
Hi, as far as I know there is no difference. Unless your Amiga Forever Windows installation is somehow modified or damaged, of course.

Btw. make sure to update to the latest WinUAE.exe (32-bit) as mentioned in Quick Guide.

Author AmigaAttitude
Partaker
#3 Posted: 13 May 2019 20:39 
Thank you. I thought the 'installed' method might be preferred in case of potential Cloanto updates, but I guess this was wrong.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Amiga Forever problem

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑