AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Flower Pot: Moving to Windows 10

Author DrkStarr
Partaker
#1 Posted: 10 Feb 2019 20:31 
I have a copy of Flower Pot running fine on Windows 7. So I tried moving it over to Windows 10. Pointed the HDFs to the right location, but when I run it it says: One of the following expansion boot ROMs is required - CyberStorm PPC (128k). All the ROMs are in the right folder under Flower Pot. I can even do an Install and it works fine, but I don't want to rebuild the Amiga Hard Drive.

Why would Flower Pot do this, what is it looking for? I've even dropped the Amiga Forever ROMs folder in WinUAE's folder and rescanned it, but nothing's working right now.

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks - D

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 10 Feb 2019 20:44 
Hi DrkStarr and welcome to the Forum!

First of all, please make sure the CyberStorm PPC ROM file is greater than zero: http://forum.amiga.sk/index.php?action=vthread&forum=3&topic=1787

If your clean installation of FlowerPot on Windows 10 works, then it should be easy to take the old hardfile from Windows 7 and copy it to Windows 10 to the same location and replace the hardfile there - all that without any change of configuration.

Another method would be to take the whole Flower Pot folder from Windows 7 and copy it to Windows 10 and run it from there - again without changing any configuration.

I believe it should work. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Jan

Author DrkStarr
Partaker
#3 Posted: 10 Feb 2019 22:29 
Thanks for getting back to me,

The ROM file is good. I also took the folder from Windows 7 and dropped it in 10, but under Windows 7 it was in D:\Emulation\FlowerPot and on Windows 10 it's located in C:\Storage\Emulation\FlowerPot

When I look at the Paths under Settings in WinUAE they're all C:\Storage\Emulation\FlowerPot\WinUAE\ mostly. But when I Rescan ROMs it sees all of them, so it must be looking at the Amiga Forever 8 install not going to the ROMs folder under FlowerPot. If I try to point the System ROMs Folder to the Flower Pot folder it never takes and just defaults to C:\Storage\Emulation\FlowerPot\WinUAE\

So something seems to be up with the paths, and it defaulting to certain settings. I'm not sure how to work around this. I've even looked through the .ini file, but that doesn't point to anything.

I did try running Flower Pot from the Windows 10 folder without any changes, and it still comes up with the ROM error. Like it still sees the Amiga Forever ROMs in some .ini file hiding in the background.

- Thanks again

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 10 Feb 2019 22:48 
All FlowerPots paths are relative, but Amiga Forever might mess with it.

Anyway, if clean installation of FlowerPot works on your Windows 10, then it should be enough to transfer your old hardfile to Windows 10 and replace the hardfile there.

Author DrkStarr
Partaker
#5 Posted: 11 Feb 2019 00:30 
I got it working.

The trick was reinstalling the .msi file on the new operating system, Windows 10. After I reinstalled Flower Pot, I launched it with the old hard drive in the folder and it worked fine. Then I moved it into the Emulation folder and it worked fine.

The clean install was the key, I was moving the old folder between two machines and it didn't like it.

Thanks again - D

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Flower Pot: Moving to Windows 10

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑