AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Can not find Version and Wait

Author Cyclops
Partaker
#1 Posted: 28 Oct 2006 22:40 Edited by: Cyclops 
When i try to install WB 3.9 from cd it shows this screen Screenshot

the two files are present inn the correct folder.
What to do? Bug maybe?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 29 Oct 2006 01:23 
well, the system says the files are not there. Please check the location again. Please send me a list of files located on your CD.

Author Cyclops
Partaker
#3 Posted: 29 Oct 2006 12:30 
Here is the complete list of files on the CD URL

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 29 Oct 2006 14:52 
hmmm... while the CD is recognized, the files are not accessible for unknown reason. "Wait" and "Version" commands are the very first commands called from the CD. I assume, if we are able to bypass this, it would be the same for any other files. Seems like the Amiga CD filesystem has problem with your CD-ROM. Please try to use another CD drive if possible.

You can also try something else. Press "Configure WinUAE" in AmiKit GUI. Go to "Hard drives" section, press "Add directory" button.

Device name: CD4
Volume label: AmigaOS3.9
Path: select the drive letter that represents your CD-ROM with AmigaOS3.9 CD inserted.

and start the emulation. If it doesn't help, copy the content of the CD to your HDD and try the same procedure. Just point the "Path:" to the HDD location, eg. C:\AmigaOS3.9\ (and don't forget to eject the CD from the drive before you start the emulation).

Author Cyclops
Partaker
#5 Posted: 29 Oct 2006 15:49 
Same result with "CD4" procedure
However i did only get "incorect versjon" when i copyed the content over to HD and pointed the path to dir. the wait and version check did not show upp.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 29 Oct 2006 16:52 Edited by: AmiKit 
Are you sure you have the original version of AmigaOS3.9 CD? The "Videos" drawer is missing...

Author Cyclops
Partaker
#7 Posted: 29 Oct 2006 17:31 
it is a backup yes. removed the videos for faster internet transfer. do i need a full 1:1?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 29 Oct 2006 18:09 Edited by: AmiKit 
Yes, the whole content is needed in order to use it for AmiKit installation.

Author ness62
Partaker
#9 Posted: 30 Oct 2006 15:58 Edited by: ness62 
I have exactly the same problem to install amikit under linux. Same Cd os3.9 installed amikit for Windows perfectly

Author AmiKit
Admin
#10 Posted: 30 Oct 2006 18:02 Edited by: AmiKit 
Well, the whole package is designed for Windows. I have no experience with other OS, unfortunately.

Author ness62
Partaker
#11 Posted: 30 Oct 2006 19:59 Edited by: ness62 
Well, the whole package is designed for Windows. I have no experience with other OS, unfortunately.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------

yes, I know it, but that is not a problem

and start the emulation. If it doesn't help, copy the content of the CD to your HDD and try the same procedure. Just point the "Path:" to the HDD location, eg. C:\AmigaOS3.9\ (and don't forget to eject the CD from the drive before you start the emulation).
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
hep , very good that
I will test this method Thank you

Author Cyclops
Partaker
#12 Posted: 9 Nov 2006 12:24 
I just wanted to tell that i got the whole CD now and installs great and damn looking good too.

More Widescreen resolutions had been nice.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Can not find Version and Wait

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑