AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 287 [27 Apr 2018 00:59]
Guests - 287 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Problem patching BB1 + 2 and 3.1.4

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author JimmiG
Partaker
#1 Posted: 30 Oct 2018 12:04 Edited by: JimmiG 
I'm trying to make a clean install of AmiKit X with OS 3.9+3.1.4

I first installed Amikit X using AmigaOS 3.9 ISO and ran Live Update.

I then installed BB1, rebooted, installed BB2, Rebooted again

I then ran the "Patch OS 3.9" option in AmiKit X and got a few errors:
Error 1
Error 2
Error 3

However, after rebooting, AmiKit X still seems to work in spite of those errors.

I then tried to update to OS 3.1.4 using my OS314_A1200.zip file.
There were no errors during the installation procedure, but after rebooting AmiKit X, it looks like this:
After

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 30 Oct 2018 13:46 
Congrats Jimmi, you've just found a bug! Thank you for your detailed report and screenshots.

I am working on a hotfix right now. Could you please check this thread a bit later? I will upload fixed files for you to test.

Thank you!
Jan

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 30 Oct 2018 23:01 Edited by: AmiKit 
Here's fixed MorpheuZ for you: [outdated link] (New MorpheuZ is part of AmiKit 10.5.1 update archive now)

Can you confirm it fixes the bug, please?

0. Uninstall AmiKit.
1. Install AmiKit X (the installer includes 10.2.0 version), then update it to the latest 10.5.1 version via Live Update (wait for automatic reboot no matter what happens ;)
2. Install BoingBag1 and BoingBag2 and then reboot.
4. Run MorpheuZ, select "OS Update" and click "OS 3.9 Patches" and install. Then shut down emulation completely and restart AmiKit.
5. Run MorpheuZ, select "OS Update" and install AmigaOS 3.1.4. Then shut down emulation completely and restart AmiKit.
6. Fingers crossed... does it work?

Author nilly
Partaker
#4 Posted: 9 Nov 2018 16:59 
Hi, that "fixed" morpheuz don't fix the problem, its the same with using that version! I noticed that after a soft reset of the "amiga" AmiKit works fine with 3.1.4 update, but after every cold boot its broken like in JimmiG's pictures above.

And the cold boot seems awfully slow, takes minutes to get to workbench/dopus, soft resets seems to boot faster, more like the boot time I would expect from amikit.

/nilly

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 11 Nov 2018 13:43 
Jimmi, Nilly, I've uploaded new 10.5.1 update to the Live Update server. It fixes the installation of MorpheuZ OS3.9 Patches (on top of OS3.9 BoingBag2) as well as installation of AmigaOS 3.1.4 on top of everything.

Could you please confirm it works?

1. Uninstall AmiKit.
2. Re-install AmiKit (use AmigaOS 3.9 as a source of OS files)
3. Update AmiKit to v10.5.1 via Live Update
4. Install BoingBag 1 & 2 for AmigaOS3.9 and reboot.
5. Run MorpheuZ and click "OS Update" > "Patch OS3.9" and restart.
6. Run MorpheuZ and click "OS Update" and install AmigaOS 3.1.4 and restart.

Thank you!

Author ClassiC
Partaker
#6 Posted: 11 Nov 2018 19:59 Edited by: ClassiC 
@Jan: It works without an error message, but after OS 3.1.4 update my system does NOT start anymore. Loading screen is OK but then nothing happens. See the picture, please. Just grey screen.

https://imgur.com/uLequ9t

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 11 Nov 2018 20:06 
Interesting. I tested the issue several times here and it always worked. I sent you an email with TeamViewer session request if you're okay with that.

Author nilly
Partaker
#8 Posted: 11 Nov 2018 21:33 
I can't find any update past 10.5.0 in live updater, you sure its live?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 11 Nov 2018 21:34 Edited by: AmiKit 
It will be very soon. Fixing some last minute bugs right now... I will let you know ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Author nilly
Partaker
#10 Posted: 11 Nov 2018 22:03 
Your doing a great job supporting us old Amigans!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#11 Posted: 11 Nov 2018 22:13 
Thank you! The 10.5.1 update is back online. Can you please confirm it works if you follow the instructions above?

Author ClassiC
Partaker
#12 Posted: 11 Nov 2018 22:48 
I can confirm that the update is working flawlessly now! Jan did the work and I did the testing.

greetz
ClassiC

Author AmiKit
Admin
#13 Posted: 11 Nov 2018 22:52 
Thank you for the confirmation.

Btw. for those who updated to 10.5.1 before I will fix everything in upcoming 10.5.2 update.

Author nilly
Partaker
#14 Posted: 11 Nov 2018 23:02 Edited by: nilly 
I'll second that confirmation! Works great here aswell, I would advice to load the new intuition library by default, its great!

EDIT: Cant seem to load the new intuition lib at all here in amikit, possibly caused by AFAOS

Author AmiKit
Admin
#15 Posted: 12 Nov 2018 00:49 Edited by: AmiKit 
Thank you for your confirmation too!

Btw. the new intuition library is installed by default. Can you drag windows off screen in AmigaOS 3.1.4? Then it's installed

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Problem patching BB1 + 2 and 3.1.4

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ TOP