AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 287 [27 Apr 2018 00:59]
Guests - 287 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Rabbit Hole: How can I change an icon picture?

Author EPA
Partaker
#1 Posted: 3 Nov 2017 19:33 Edited by: EPA 
Hello from Freiburg, Germany!

I am very, very impressed about AmiKit X, really.
As user of C64/Amiga Forever Plus 2016 and Forever 7 I have worked with AmiKit 8.
But what a huge step now to AmiKit X 10.4....

Ok. I have now opened Rabbit Hole and wanted to insert an icon for my DOSBox 0.74, installed under Windows 10.
I used the Notepad Icon to clone it to an Dosbox icon and it worked very well.
Now I can start DOSBOX directly out of AmiKit X!

But I still have a Notepad icon and want to change it to an DOSBOX icon.
How can I do that?

BTW: Thanks for that wonderful AmiKit X which reminds me, that I have used my Amiaga 500 and Amiga 1200 NOT for years!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 5 Nov 2017 13:03 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hello! First of all, thank you for your nice feedback! That's something that keeps me motivated I am glad you enjoy AmiKit.

For more information about Rabbit Hole, please refer to AmiKit Quick Guide, page 10.

To replace an icon of Rabbit Hole app (or any other app), simply launch CopyIcon program as shown on screenshot below:
CopyIcon

A window will popup with boxes. Drag'n'drop your source icon to the first box. Anything you drop onto second box will get the icon from the first box. Note that you have to drag'n'drop apps and folders there which have .info (icon) files. It won't work if you drag'n'drop only .info files there.

Alternatively you can use PNG images as icons directly - just rename eg. DOSBox.png file to DOSBox.info and AmiKit will display it as an icon.

Hope it helps. If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Greetings from Belgrade to Freiburg!
Jan

Author EPA
Partaker
#3 Posted: 6 Nov 2017 00:59 Edited by: EPA 
First I used:

https://convertio.co/de/png-jpg/

to convert online my file c:\backup\dosbox.jpg to c:\backup\dosbox.png

Then I copied that new png-file within AmiKIT from folder WinDH_C to RAM folder.
Next I copied it again to RabbitHole folder and I believe made a mistake:

I used CopyIcon and started RabbitHole once again and had two new DOSBox Icons for DOSBOX and Notepad!

Remember: I used the Notepad Icon as copy for DOSBox first.
Now the new DOSBox Icon starts DOSBox in Windows 10 correctly, and also Notepad starts also correctly, but Notepad has now the DOSBox Icon!

How can I convert it back to Notepad Icon?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 6 Nov 2017 19:46 
No idea how you lost the Notepad icon I would send you mine but I am travelling right now.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Rabbit Hole: How can I change an icon picture?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ TOP