AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 287 [27 Apr 2018 00:59]
Guests - 287 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

FlowerPot Windows RunInUAE installation crash

Author EddCase
Partaker
#1 Posted: 27 Oct 2017 20:09 
So I've installed AmigaOS4.1 FE for Classic, but every time I install RunInUAE from the AmigaOS4.1 FE for Classic Extras installer it hangs. I've tried installing it both before and after installing the AmigaOS4.1 FE for Classic Update 1 with the same issue. I also tried switching to the 64bit version of WinUAE but that just seems to be unstable and the whole emulator crashes when trying to mount the AmigaOS4.1 FE for Classic iso

On a side note installing AmigaOS4.1 FE for Classic manually from within WinUAE without Flowerpot allows the RunInUAE install to work without issue.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 27 Oct 2017 20:46 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi and thanks for your message. I've never used RunInUAE in AmigaOS4 so I am afraid I cannot help here much. Have you tried to contact the author of RunInUAE?

Anyway, your last note is interesting. Is it the same WinUAE version? Actually there's not much Amiga software installed in FlowerPot that would make a difference (just the UAEGfx, network and audio drivers). Therefore I would focus on differences between your and FlowerPot's WinUAE configuration. RAM settings? Or "Advanced UAE Expansion board/Boot ROM Settings" in ROM?

Author EddCase
Partaker
#3 Posted: 29 Oct 2017 12:31 
Just an update, looks as though this is an known issue with the extras installer and UAEGfx, the fix is to switch gfx mode reboot, install then switch back. although I cannot confirm this as when I switch to a standard screen mode it's incredibly difficult to read the screen. It would make sense though as when I've installed manually I've used Picasso IV graphics rather than UAEGfx.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 FlowerPot Windows RunInUAE installation crash

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top