Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation /

Attempting to install 8.5 update...

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2  
Author StragerOne
Registered
#16 Posted: 1 Aug 2017 18:56 Edited by: StragerOne 
Ok So I have commented out the Rabbit Hole entry as well as the SYS:Utilities/Expansion/ShowAmiga96/Bin/ShowAmiga96_Rev239C18
entry in the startup-Sequence and the app will reboot, but will never update from 8.4 to 8.5?
I've rebooted multiple times and shutdown and restated. Same thing. No update.. I am going to try installing the 8. version from the webpage and no the updates (after I comment out those lines and see what happens from there.

Any ideas anyone? This is being run on a Winodws 8.1 system with AFPlus v7

Ok here is an update on the install.... I removed the Rabbit Hole entries as needed. and then commented out the Showagima96 line as well. [b][/b]I did a reboot and nothing gets updated. I have tried this from a fresh install of the 8.1 AmiKit setup from the webpage, downloaded the 8.2-8.5 updates and nothing happens. Also tried the same on the AF 8.4 install I have and after making the same edits, nothing happens. Just gos back to the 8.1 or the 8.4 installs respectively.

Author StragerOne
Registered
#17 Posted: 2 Aug 2017 19:26 Edited by: StragerOne 
I finally figured out why the update wasn't working going from 8.4 to 8.5!!

I had also forgotten how literal startup scripts are.(its been a number of years since I worked with the Amiga)

Entries in the AmiKt-Starup script that was pointing to a non existent file but wasn't giving any output about not being correct...

Once I changed it to the right script for updating the software it worked like a champ. Thanks for the help!?!?

SYS:Expansion/AmiKit_UpdateScript1020

Author alanwall
Registered
#18 Posted: 5 Aug 2017 22:19 
mark8564
if you are on Windows,just open notepad
and edit that file and save
on a reboot it works
but for some reason on my system but updates downloaded but never ran ?
I can see AmiKit_Update820-850.lzx and their scripts in sys:expansion
hoping I can run them from cli but will I be able save a change.log

Author alanwall
Registered
#19 Posted: 5 Aug 2017 22:19 
mark8564
if you are on Windows,just open notepad
and edit that file and save
on a reboot it works
but for some reason on my system but updates downloaded but never ran ?
I can see AmiKit_Update820-850.lzx and their scripts in sys:expansion
hoping I can run them from cli but will I be able save a change.log

Author AmiKit
Admin
#20 Posted: 13 Aug 2017 13:43 Edited by: AmiKit 
The problem with updating of AmiKit 8 is fixed now.

Either press Esc on boot screen and cancel the Rabbit Hole requesters. Then delete everything in AmiKit:Expansion folder and run Live Update again.

Or simply re-install AmiKit 8. All the updates up to 8.5 should be installed properly now.

Please note AmiKit 8 is not supported anymore. I strongly recommend AmiKit X with tons of new features, active support and free live updates.

Jan

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation / Attempting to install 8.5 update... Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0