AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Live Update 1.2.1

Author TrevorDick
Partaker
#1 Posted: 25 Sep 2006 13:27 Edited by: TrevorDick 
I started AmiKit as normal and obtained a requester from Live Update informing me that v1.2.1 update was available for download. I activated the download and AmiKit locked up when downloading a file. I re-started AmiKit several times and retried the auto Live Update procedure but AmiKit still locked up during the download of 1.2.1. Finally I started AmiKit but cancelled the Auto Update requester. I then selected Live Update manually and downloaded v1.2.1 OK. I re-booted AmiKit after the download as requested. However when I checked Live Update after the re-boot it still showed that I had 1.2.0 installed and that 1.2.1 was available for download. I tried the manual download again but AmiKit locked up once again.

Any ideas.

Many Thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 25 Sep 2006 14:00 Edited by: AmiKit 
The update was released in a hurry during the Pianeta Amiga show. The quick test did not reveal any problem. Now I am back home and I'll check it again. I'll report very soon.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 25 Sep 2006 14:41 
Seems the download and update process works fine here - I tried it several times.

When does the download process lock up exactly? Does it always lock up in the same time? Does the whole emulation lock up (means you cannot even reboot) or AmiKit only (you can reboot), or just the LiveUpdate program?

What about firewall on PC side? When LiveUpdate locks again, try to switch to Windows. Maybe there's the firewall requester that prevents LiveUpdate from running correctly.

If I understood it correctly, you managed to download the whole update once - without the lock up. But the update was not installed after you rebooted. Then please check the AmiKit:Expansion/RecentAction.log and tell me what text it contains. Sometimes it can happen that if you reboot too quickly, the recently modified files are not stored on your HDD. That's the reason why eg. MorpheuZ and other programs wait for 3 seconds before the reboot requester appears, you know.

Author Tarzin
Partaker
#4 Posted: 26 Sep 2006 09:32 
First try of Live Update, all is working fine!
Very Great Tool!!!

Author TrevorDick
Partaker
#5 Posted: 26 Sep 2006 12:24 
Checked the RecentAction.log file. It reported that the necessary lzh file was not found. I reactivated Live Update and this time 1.2.1.lzh downloaded first time without any lock-up of AmiKit. I waited 20 seconds before rebooting AmiKit. All OK after the reboot with 1.2.1 reported as the current version.

Very strange!

Many thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 26 Sep 2006 12:57 
Seems you really rebooted too quickly first time so the downloaded LZX archive was not stored on your HDD completely. However I had no idea what was wrong with those lock-ups.

Author XenonMB
#7 Posted: 27 Sep 2006 23:47 
just a quick reply to say it worked without problems over here :D

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 28 Sep 2006 00:00 
Great, thanks for the feedback!

Author John
Partaker
#9 Posted: 1 Oct 2006 10:46 
I am having trouble downloading the latest updates. They do not seem to available on the server?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#10 Posted: 1 Oct 2006 11:31 
Ops, thanks for letting me know. I am uploading them back right now.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Live Update 1.2.1

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑