AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

updating to 1.2

Author KenH
#1 Posted: 17 Sep 2006 08:39 
I have Amikit 1.0 installed and want to know how to get it to the latest 1.2. Do I have to go through all the intermediate updates or can I use the 1.2 updater?
What would happen if I used the full package? Would it overwrite the previous installation, thus losing everything previously setup?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 17 Sep 2006 10:21 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi KenH!

If you've already customized your AmiKit 1.0 then I recommend to use the updates. The update archives never overwrite your existing files. If so, the back up is created first.

To update your AmiKit 1.0 simply download all the update archives. Quit AmiKit if it is running and apply all the updates at once by executing all of them: one by one. Just pay attention to execute the updates in correct order like:

Then run the AmiKit. Note the first boot process will take MUCH longer (several minutes!) compared to usual boot time. This is because all these new updates have to be unpacked. Enjoy!

Author KenH
#3 Posted: 17 Sep 2006 11:51 
Thanks for the prompt reply. I just wanted to be sure to do things correctly.
How can I tell what version I am currently running? I ask because I found I had downloaded 1.02 and 1.04 sometime in the past but I am not sure if I applied them.

Author KenH
#4 Posted: 17 Sep 2006 12:04 
Sorry to be a bother but how do I get these updates? On the downloads page the only active links are for the full and update to 1.2.0

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 17 Sep 2006 12:27 
To verify the current version number of AmiKit, go to "AmiKit:Expansion" drawer and check the log files.

The "RecentAction.log" file should contain info about the last installed update, eg. "AmiKit 1.1.4 successfully updated to version 1.2.0"

With regards to downloads, just click the update link, then click "Continue to Download" button and you should be able to download all the AmiKit update archives.

Do not hesitate to ask any questions if you have problem. This is AmiKit support forum ;-)

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 updating to 1.2

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑