AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

AmiKit on Android installation problems

Author FatAgnus
Partaker
#1 Posted: 10 Apr 2017 23:44 
Hello World,

I am having some serious issues with installing AmiKit on Android.
First, the meager "instructions" given in the app's description within the Playstore are unusable, as there is no ISO image to download for the Amiga Forever install. Instead one is directed to download an MSI installer program, which needs to be installed under MS-Windows.
Even when using said program to generate an ISO image (which isn't very intuitive to say the least), then the resulting DVD contains no directory which AmiKit would accept - regardless if they contain the dirs listed in the instructions or not.

The only way how I was finally able to get the AmiKit engine to run was to download AmiKit system within Amiga Forever for Windows and let it unpack locally (status changes to "ready").
Then I copied the directory "C:\Program Files\Cloanto\Amiga Forever\Amiga Files\Shared\dir\System" into AmiKit's file dir and mounted it as dir "drive" with label AF-Setup.
Then I copied directory "C:\Program Files\Cloanto\Amiga Forever\Amiga Files\Shared\dir\Work" into AmiKit's file dir and mounted it as a dir drive with label "Work".

Now AmiKit will start through to a working Workbench GUI and all further setup steps could be performed from here.
But(!) I can not locate any Amikit Setup program to make the task of installation & configuration easier.
I have no network connection and I can not figure out which memory combination (Fast Mem, Chip Mem, etc.) to use.
Should I use a dir based drive or rather create a hard image file?
In essence, I can't figure out how to proceed from here to get an optimized system installed.

Can anyone here help me out with these points?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 12 Apr 2017 01:10 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hello,

sorry for the inconvenience. We know the installation is the real bottle neck of AmiKit on Android and we're going to simplify it soon.

Meanwhile, 2MB Chip RAM, and 64 or 128MB RAM should be enough for AmiKit. Hardfile might be a better choice as it preserves Amiga specific attributes.

Author FatAgnus
Partaker
#3 Posted: 12 Apr 2017 01:48 
Which program can I use to finish the installation/setup process?
As I wrote, I can boot through to a working desktop with the help of those AmigaForever directories (I just boot directly from AF-Setup), but I can't find any program to install a working AmiKit setup onto a hard disk file. And I am also missing networking (badly).

Author FatAgnus
Partaker
#4 Posted: 12 Apr 2017 01:50 
PS: I got plenty of RAM - so I want to know the *optimum* config for AmiKit, please.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 AmiKit on Android installation problems

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top