Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

° Forums ° Search ° Register ° Reply ° Statistics ° FAQ ° DONATE 
I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation /

flowerPOT installation

Author ritzua
Registered
#1 ° Posted: 2 Mar 2017 21:10 
i have a problem with install flowerpot on my windows 7 64 pro, when i click install os4, WINUAE start and freeze affer 2-3 second, black screen, nothing to do, i have registered amiga os 4.1fe classic iso from hyperion site, rom3.1 a4000 and cyberstormppc rom,(renamed with instruction) but i don't have rom.key , any solution to resolve this problem ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 ° Posted: 3 Mar 2017 01:58 
Hello, this might happen because of incorrect ROM files. Do you have any chance to try different ROMs? Especially the A4000 ROM3.1 file. (Also make sure the ROMs have correct names, just in case)

Let us know.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
Jan

Author ritzua
Registered
#3 ° Posted: 4 Mar 2017 14:03 
i try different roms with correct names, not working

Author ritzua
Registered
#4 ° Posted: 4 Mar 2017 19:50 
ok, i resolve the problem, when i switch default audio device to my e-mu dsp sound, everything runs perfeclty

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 ° Posted: 7 Mar 2017 15:08 
I would never figured that out. Thanks god you did!

Author Pierre55
Registered
#6 ° Posted: 9 Mar 2017 20:11 ° Edited by: Pierre55 
I can't use Flowerpot on two computer I tried.

The first one is a Windows XP wich the installation work but when I click on the FlowerPot program I have a message telling me that this program is not a valid WIN32 program.

The second computer is a Lapton with Windows 7 on the E: drive (I7 4Gig RAM) and I can't install the program at all, I have a message "SERVER RETURNED UNEXPECTED ERROR 110 ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL PACKAGE C:\Temp\flowerpot.msi"

Just try on my Laptop with the Windows 8 installed on the C partition and this time the messge "THIS INSTALLATION PACKAGE COULD NOT BE OPENED. VERIFY THAT THE PACKAGE EXISTS AND THAT YOU CAN ACCESS IT. OR CONTACT THE APPLICATION VENDOR TO VERIFY THAT THIS IS A VALID WINDOWS INSTALLER PACKAGE."

Thanks.

Bye!

Pierre
St-Eustache, Québec
Canada.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 ° Posted: 11 Mar 2017 23:42 
Hi Pierre,

It's very strange that the installer doesn't work on your computers.

I've re-activated your download link. Please try to download the installer again, maybe the previous installer was not downloaded completely.

Please let us know at amikit@gmail.com if the problem still remains.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
Jan

Author Pierre55
Registered
#8 ° Posted: 12 Mar 2017 17:23 
Hi,

Yes it's very strange... I download the file with the new link and same problem with Windows XP (not a valid Win32)

I did a CMP (COMPARE) with my AmigaOne XE and both file are exactly identical byte by byte.

I download the file also with my Laptop with Windows 7 and installed successfuly FlowerPot (I have the LAUNCH menu etc...)

I tryed with the file from my Laptop which worked on the XP machine and same problem... are you sure this program can work on XP?

Thank you.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 ° Posted: 14 Mar 2017 11:30 
Thanks for the update, Pierre. If I understand correctly, the Flower Pot works on your Windows 7?

Regarding the XP, according to documentation of all included software, it should work on XP with SP3, but I tested it on Windows 7 and 10 only.

I found some references on "THIS INSTALLATION PACKAGE COULD NOT BE OPENED." problem. Check it here:
https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202650009-Error-This-installation-package -could-not-be-opened-Contact-the-application-vendor-to-verify-that-this-is-a-valid-Wi ndows-Installer-package-#gsc.tab=0

I guess it's because of No Administrator rights in your computer account?

But if you copied your installed and working FlowerPot folder from Windows 7 to Windows XP and getting the "not a valid WIN32 program" when launching AmiKit.exe, please try to install this program first:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Hope it helps. Let me know, please.
Thanks,
Jan

Author Pierre55
Registered
#10 ° Posted: 16 Mar 2017 23:14 
Wow this is a lot of trouble to install the program... I did copy the working folder of Windows 7 in the windows XP and same problem.

I had a more recent Visual C++ Redist... so I uninstall and reinstall the one you sent me the URL.

If you want I can install a software like Teamviewer so you can see what is happening.

Am I the only one that tryed to install the program on XP? I Guess Yes! ;-}

Thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#11 ° Posted: 22 Mar 2017 15:22 
I've sent you an email, Pierre.

I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation / flowerPOT installation Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0