Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation /

AmiKit and Amiga Forever 2016

Author SmokinDeist
Registered
#1 Posted: 6 Jul 2016 11:05 
I bought Amiga Forever 2016 this last December and I've been pretty happy with the results so far--especially with the AmiKit enviorment. However I have some questions. First, I want to create a PowerPC emulation under AF2016 with AmiKit and I know that this edition of Amiga Forever is supposed to emulate the PPC accelerator--it even has the ROM file from one of the PPC boards for this emulation. I was wondering what were good settings that would allow me to run a PPC enhanced--I know a lot of stuff will still run under 68k code--version of AmiKit?

I also like the idea of having a flash-drive set up with AmiKit and with the version of AmigaForever I have, how would be the best way to bring over the 3.x installation that Cloanto has provided for the installation? Perhaps a hint for an Android installation would be nice for whenever I finally get a smart phone too.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 6 Jul 2016 13:06 
Hi Mark and welcome to AmiKit. Regarding the PPC emulation, believe it or not, but I have never set it up with AmiKit. I am not sure whether it's worth the hassle as there are not many PPC only programs for OS3.x anyway. But if you want to install full power PPC OS, follow this link: https://www.amigaforever.com/kb/16-127

Regarding the flash drive installation of AmiKit (Portable MK2 version), simply download the ISO from my site and burn it to flash disk according to install instructions. Then follow the included PDF guide which explains how to use your AF2016 DVD to complete the installation.

I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation / AmiKit and Amiga Forever 2016 Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0