Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation /

what iso???

Author Diz
Registered
#1 Posted: 4 Mar 2016 06:28 
how do i burn amikit from the digital download to a usb stick? instruction say to burn the iso with rufus... only there is no iso in the download!

Author Diz
Registered
#2 Posted: 5 Mar 2016 05:50 
ok so there is amipup.sfs file... is that like an iso? anybody know?

Author Diz
Registered
#3 Posted: 5 Mar 2016 07:30 
ok, so... nevermind i sorted it... made my own bootable iso in ultraiso with the linux system files from the download and burned that onto my usb with rufus and hey presto! it worked

Author Diz
Registered
#4 Posted: 7 Mar 2016 20:47 
ok, soooo... when i downloaded the mk2 digital download it was a .rar!!! turns out the file is actually an .iso!!! why does the download have the wrong file extension? no wonder i was confused huh?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 26 May 2016 10:23 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hello, we have never distributed anything in RAR archives. The Portable AmiKit MK2 digital download is distributed as ISO and the file has .iso extension.

Simply follow install instructions here.

Once you burn the ISO to your flash drive and you boot your computer using this flash drive, follow the included PDF instructions.

I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation / what iso??? Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0