Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation /

Portable AmiKit MK2 SPECIAL AMIGA 30 YEARS EDITION

Author sunnyeveryday
Registered
#1 Posted: 19 Jan 2016 17:33 
So I have downloaded and written it to the USB as per the directions.

It boots fine.

Now to add the ROM etc.

It can't find the ROM's on my original Amiga OS 3.5 CD

It can't find the ROM's on my recently updated/upgraded AmigaForever 2016.

I have tried creating a AmigaForever DVD, but the iso image is 4.6GB and when I try and write to my 4.7GB, it says the image is too big probably because of overhead.

Sigh !!!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 19 Jan 2016 21:29 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi,

what you have to add is ROM file and AmigaOS files. ROM files is NOT included with AmigaOS3.5 CD.

In your situation there are two solutions:

1)

Use RomFind to locate and install the ROM automatically
or
Copy the amiga-os-310-a1200.rom and rom.keyfile from your AmigaForever C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amiga Files\Shared\rom\ folder to Portable AmiKit folder manually: Home/.wine/drive_c/AmiKit/ROMs Rename amiga-os-310-a1200.rom to kick.rom

Then use Amiga OS 3.5 CD to finish the installation according to the manual.

2)
When creating AmigaForever DVD, make sure only "Systems" content is enabled and all other items are disabled. This way you end up with about 350MB ISO image. Then follow the manual as linked above.

I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation / Portable AmiKit MK2 SPECIAL AMIGA 30 YEARS EDITION Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0