AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation /  

AmigaForever 2016

Author sunnyeveryday
Partaker
#1 Posted: 19 Jan 2016 16:34 
I'm not sure whether Cloanto created the AmiKit within their offering, or it was just taken wholesale from AmiKit. So I am not sure whether to go to Cloanto or here. Please advise.

So updated my AmigaForever to the latest 2016.

On trying AmiKit, I get the following.

1) At least one window (of an alien program) is still open on the boot screen. Showamiga 96 will stay in the background...

2) Please insert volume AFA_OS_LIBS in any device

3) ERROR: Can't load font AFA amikit.font

4) ERROR: Can't load font AFA amikit mono.font

5) Could not create MUI GUI

6) Tried tools - amikit - live update. Result = "could not create MUI GUI"

Tried posting with watch topic and get updates by email - response = "Unknown column 'email_code' in 'field list'. Try another name or value."

Will try posting without watching topic

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 19 Jan 2016 16:39 
Uh oh. If you haven't customized your AmiKit before, the best solution would be to uninstall AmiKit and install it again.

In Amiga Forever, right-click the AmiKit entry and select Delete. Then download it again.

Author sunnyeveryday
Partaker
#3 Posted: 19 Jan 2016 17:03 Edited by: sunnyeveryday 
OK - I deleted it.

So how do I get it back ?

How do you download it from within AmigaForever ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 19 Jan 2016 20:58 
Ops. My bad. The correct is "Uninstall", not "Delete". I apologize.

But don't worry, you can restore the item either from your trashcan or download it from here and copy it to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amiga Files\Systems folder. Then restart Amiga Forever, right-click the item and select Uninstall.

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#5 Posted: 19 Jan 2016 21:21 
Sinergy between WinUAE, Amikit, Cloanto and A-EON seems to be about to reach a peak ! ;)

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 19 Jan 2016 21:31 
And that's not all! More exciting info later

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#7 Posted: 19 Jan 2016 22:48 
Later... later this week ? Month ? Quarter ? Come on !

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 20 Jan 2016 09:06 
Once ALICE is released

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#9 Posted: 24 Jan 2016 23:31 
Curious me : Is ALICE release dependent (among others of course) on Toni finalizing os4 extensions ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#10 Posted: 25 Jan 2016 10:00 Edited by: AmiKit 
Not entirely. The main OS for ALICE is AmiKit. For the last couple of months I am working on it very hard because I want to make AmiKit X as fast, stable and beautiful as possible. The OS4 is a bonus.

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#11 Posted: 25 Jan 2016 13:08 
Considering OS4 more a "let's look at what this thing looks like" than an alternative to 3.x (and amikit), I have to agree with the approach ;)

Can't wait to see the fruits of so much work and hear about the surprises I'm sure you're preparing...

Thanks for your hard work on Amikit : you know what I think about it, so I won't add more ;)

Author AmiKit
Admin
#12 Posted: 25 Jan 2016 23:21 
Yes, thank you for your kind words, Cyril.

I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation /
 AmigaForever 2016

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top