AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation /  

Installing Amikit on Android

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#1 Posted: 25 Aug 2015 07:00 
Here is my experience so far. I'm no tech so bear with me. I have a Motorola Moto X phone with Android 4.4. I've downloaded Amikit Android and installed. I purchased and downloaded from Play Store Amiga Forever Essentials. I moved 2 .adf files (OS) to Amikit. I copied all rom files to the rom folder. I launch Amikit and I can display a config screen. There is nothing in config or state. When I start Amikit it displays the classic 3.1 rom icon with the floppy insert waiting. So at this point I'm stalled again. Any ideas? Thank you

I found an app "es file explorer" that makes moving files between folders easy.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 25 Aug 2015 23:48 
Hi, AmiKit requires at least AmigaOS3.5. It has never been distributed on disks (ADF). You need CD source of AmigaOS. Or ISO image. If you don't have an SD card so you cannot transfer the ISO to your device, what about to upload it to internet first and then download it to phone?

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#3 Posted: 28 Aug 2015 17:39 
When I install Amikit8 on my Android Samsung tablet I get the same results. In both cases Aimikit says it can't find Amiga OS. Is the Amiga Workbench-134 ADP the OS file?

Author Lubomyr
Partaker
#4 Posted: 28 Aug 2015 19:18 Edited by: Lubomyr 
Amiga Workbench-134 - is Amiga OS 1.3. It is very old version.
Amikit8 requires AmigaOS 3.5, 3.9, or OS XL

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#5 Posted: 29 Aug 2015 17:51 
Amiga Workbench-134 is in Amiga Forever Essentials download! No other version is there. I guess I'm confused here.

1. Are Workbench adf files the AmigaOS?
2. If so when I download Amiga Forever Essentials from Play Store the download contains the roms and the .adf files.
3. When I download Amikit8 I have to move the .adf files from Essentials into AmigaOS XL (I've tried all folders you list).
4. I have to move the rom file in Essentials to the rom file in Amikit8.
5. When a launch Amikit8 it says it cannot find the AmigaOS.
7. Somewhere in these steps I don't understand the process of configuring Amikit8.
8. My suspect is AmigaOS
9. If so where do I find AmigaOS? My assumption has been workbench adf files from Amiga Forever Essentials are the OS.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 29 Aug 2015 18:40 Edited by: AmiKit 
Amiga Forever Essentials contains required ROM (Kickstart) file only. It does NOT contain AmigaOS 3.x which is also required to install AmiKit. AmigaOS3.5 or 3.9 or XL come on a physical CD (or as ISO image file).

Use the same AmigaOS as you used to install AmiKit on PC or Mac.

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#7 Posted: 31 Aug 2015 20:45 
Since my phone does not have the capability to install an SD card I will assume Amikit will not run on it. Thank you

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 3 Sep 2015 10:22 
I am sorry it did not work out...

Author KuyaMarc
Partaker
#9 Posted: 14 Sep 2015 04:30 
Hello from The Philippines! I have successfully installed AmiKIT onto my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.

http://kuya-marc.blogspot.com/2015/08/amikit-for-android-successful-install.html

I used ISO-Extractor: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.qzx.isoextractor

I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation /
 Installing Amikit on Android

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top