Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation /

Android Installation Issues

Author John Cantrell
Registered
#1 Posted: 10 Feb 2015 22:31 
I have Amikit installed and I have Amiga Essentials installed. I have copied the Amiga files for workbench 3.5 over into the correct 3.5 directory on my phone ( the C, S, devs, locale, wbstartup, etc... ) and I get the screen saying one more step but when I click saying the files are located where they are supposed to be I get the Amiga Operating System files not found, press enter to start over... I've rechecked and yes the files are there, the roms are there and the rom key file is there. What am I missing? This has been a major pain to figure out. It would be nice if someone would say and list exactly what files need to be in what directory. I'm sure after Amikit has been installed and Amiga Essentials are installed all that's needed is the Amiga Workbench copied into the appropiate folder (which I have copied 3.9 into the 3.9 folder with no luck and 3.5 into the 3.5 folder). Any help would be appreciated....

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 10 Feb 2015 22:47 
Make sure you copy whole AmigaOS content to the given folder, including disk.info file. The installer looks for this file and if found it presumes the rest of the system files are in that folder and will import them to AmiKit.

Author Lubomyr
Registered
#3 Posted: 10 Feb 2015 23:16 Edited by: Lubomyr 
Are you copying data from already installed content of OS3.5 or a data from installation disk ?

I don't know how the data of OS3.5 installation disk look like exactly, but a structure (root dir) of the OS3.9 installation consists of:
Audio (directory)
Contribution (directory)
Emergency-Boot (directory)
Locale (directory)
OS-Version 3.9 (directory) (this directory include subdirectories: Anleitung, C, CacheCDFS, Emergency-Disk, Extras, ... , Workbench3.5, Workbench3.9 etc...
Videos (directory) (i think this directory is not necessary to copy)
Emergency-Boot.info
Disk.info
WhoDidIt
Locale.info
Manuals.info
Audio.info
Contribution.info
OS-Version3.9.info
Videos.info
WhoDidIt.info
.backdrop

Author John Cantrell
Registered
#4 Posted: 11 Feb 2015 00:00 
I had copied the files from the os3.9 install disk OS-Version 3.9/ workbench3.9. However I just copied the files from Winuae that was installed on my home computers Amiga Forever folder (the workbench 3.1) and copied them over to the OS3.9 folder on android with no luck. I then copied those same files to the Amiga forever folder on android and it worked. It appears that Amikit is only checking the Amiga Forever folder for the files. I'm going to try to put the 3.9 files in Amiga forever and see if that works

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 11 Feb 2015 00:14 Edited by: AmiKit 
If you want to import OS3.9 files, you have to put the whole content of the install disk to the OS3.9 folder. Don't enter any folder of the install disk, don't copy just a specific folder. Simply copy everything you find in a root of install disk to the OS3.9 folder in Adnroid. Then the file structure there should look exactly like in the Lubomyr's post above.

Author John Cantrell
Registered
#6 Posted: 11 Feb 2015 02:59 
Ok. That's where everything was going wrong. I assumed you only needed the Operating System files like the instructions said. It would have been better and clearer if it had said to copy the entire contents of the OS3.9 CD over to the OS3.9 folder. Thanks hopefully others will read this and get the info...

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 11 Feb 2015 09:26 
Good point. I'll update the instructions. Thanks.

I am glad it works for you now.

I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation / Android Installation Issues Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0