AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation /  

ANDROID: Amikit Android 8 returns "internal error" at the end of install

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#1 Posted: 7 Dec 2014 20:39 
Hey there,

First let me congratulate people working on amikit for their hard work and for contributing keeping the Amiga Spirit alive !

Started a fresh install on my nexus 7. Everything goes well until end of install where I get "internal error" instead of the usual rebooting in 3 seconds.

If I manually reboot : black screen.

Tested with os35 and os39 : same behavior.

Thanks to anyone who could help.

Cyril

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 8 Dec 2014 00:19 
Make sure that ALL system files are copied to the right place, including Disk.info.

If Disk.info is located in AmigaForever folder, AmiKit assumes the whole content of the Amiga Forever CD is located there and thus searches for the following paths:

AmigaForever:Emulation/System/dir/System/
or
AmigaForever:Amiga Files/System/dir/System/
or
AmigaForever:Amiga Files/Shared/dir/System/

If none of the path is found, the Internal Error is reported.

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#3 Posted: 8 Dec 2014 09:13 
Thanks Amikit for your prompt feedback.

I simply placed the contents of AmigaOS 3.5 in the AmigaOS3.5 subfolder in the android device (not amiga forever). This CD contains 2 main subfolders : OS-Version3.1 and OS-Version 3.5.

What's weird is that the Amikit Android seems to find this source as installation starts properly when I click on the message box at the beginning. Installation seems to occure normally (long series of > appearing as install goes on). It's only after quite some time (let's say almost a complete line of >) that the rrror is reported.

I did not get this behaviour with previous release (7).

Shall I use another "install source" ? I'm getting a little lost here ;)

Thanks for your help,

br,

Cyril

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#4 Posted: 8 Dec 2014 09:46 Edited by: ccapublic 
Hi again,

On top of my post above, I gave a try with Amiga Forever 2012. Disk.info is present in AmigaForever Android subdirectory, as well as one of the paths you mention. Same behavior as with 3.5 : install starts, >>>>>>>>>>>>> then in the end after quite some time "Internal Error". (I can not ensure this "quite some time" means copy was completely finished or aborted before the end as no log is displayed)

Note I'm using 3.1 A1200 ROM

In the end, I'd like to use OS35 files which I owned from my old A1200T/Blizzard040 instead of doing it with "not officially obtained stuff" like AF2012 for obvious reasons.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 8 Dec 2014 09:46 
I'll investigate this in few days and let you know. Thanks for your patience.

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#6 Posted: 8 Dec 2014 09:49 
No emergency Jan (if it's Jan behind Amikit). I'm more like a kid eager to play than in real need for it. This amikit is my Proust's Madeleine ;)

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#7 Posted: 14 Dec 2014 18:17 
Hello Amikit,

Did you have time to check if the same occurs on your side ?

Anyone else tried with success ? (or failure actually ?)

Thanks !

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 14 Dec 2014 23:43 
Hi, I am working on AmiKit 8.1. The problem should be fixed there, stay tuned! (and thanks for patience)

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#9 Posted: 15 Dec 2014 09:33 
Thanks !

Author AmiKit
Admin
#10 Posted: 16 Dec 2014 01:13 Edited by: AmiKit 
ccapublic, please remove current AmiKit from your Android including the downloaded hardfile.

Then download this version http://psytrance.sk/amikit/android/AmiKit8.apk
The new hardfile should be downloaded on first run. (If not, locate the old hardfile on your Android machine and delete it. Then run the app again)

Please let me know whether the problem was fixed. Thanks!

Jan

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#11 Posted: 16 Dec 2014 13:47 Edited by: ccapublic 
Hi Jan. Good job ! It's now working great. Below some more info about my test setup in case it could be useful

- Nexus 7 2013 32go WiFi
- Android 5.0 lollipop (so ART runtime)
- A1200 3.1 ROM, AF2012
- After install I selected 1024 x 768, Magellan 2 (which seems to be running 5.91 beta)
- Complete boot in less than 1 minute roughly.

Notes :
- a little slow though usable (netsurf runs slow but fine). Need to spend time checking if some emulator settings can be optimized for faster emulation
- Mouse emulation is a little difficult to control (non wanted clicks or pointer jumps)
- Net net : great to see my Amiga on my tablet. Sincere congrats again !

Will try on my galaxy s5 running KitKat asap.

Cheers,

Cyril

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#12 Posted: 16 Dec 2014 18:42 Edited by: ccapublic 
Hey there,

Tested it on my s5 running kitkat (with Dalvik runtime) and it works like a charm !

Author AmiKit
Admin
#13 Posted: 16 Dec 2014 20:37 Edited by: AmiKit 
Thank you so much for your feedback, Cyril. Your name will appear in AmiKit 8.1 update text, if you don't mind. Thanks for your help!

Jan

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#14 Posted: 16 Dec 2014 22:13 
Hi again Jan,

I would be honored but honestly you don't have to do this for such a small contribution. Testing a fix and reporting after having submitted a bug is the least one shall do.

And by the way, I do thank you for your work, not the other way around ;)

Tchuss

Cyril

Author AmiKit
Admin
#15 Posted: 17 Dec 2014 00:06 
I appreciate your contribution!

I have a problem with installation AmiKit Support Forum / I have a problem with installation /
 ANDROID: Amikit Android 8 returns "internal error" at the end of install

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top