AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Amikit on Linux doesn't recognize virtual CDs

Author Verythrax
Partaker
#1 Posted: 27 Jun 2014 16:00 
I'm installing Amikit 7 on Linux RHEL 6, using E-UAE.

When Amikit asks for the AmogaOS or AF CDs, it says that I can use virtual cds as well - I need to use that since my notebook desnt have a CD drive.

How I should mount the isos on linux for Amikit to recognize it? I've tried mounting the ISO directly via mount command, AcetoneISO and the Archive Mounter of the File Manager of RHEL.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried AmigaOS 3.9 and AF 2013 images. Can I extract the CD files on a folder and make Amikit to see that, somehow?

Thanks!

Author klesterjr
#2 Posted: 28 Jun 2014 17:51 
AmiKit or AmiPUP?

AmiKit needs the contents of the CD copied to one of the folders on the AmiPUP desktop and a ROM copied to the other. There are instructions inside of each of the folders on the AmiPUP desktop.

I've never tried to mount a virtual CD with AmiPUP.

Author Verythrax
Partaker
#3 Posted: 28 Jun 2014 18:52 
I'm using linux RHEL, not AmiPUP.

Where do I found these instructions? The PDF for the Amikit for Linux doesn'tmention anything like you said.

Maybe de AmiPUP directions you mention will work for me

Author klesterjr
#4 Posted: 28 Jun 2014 22:04 
My apologies -- I assumed you were using AmiPUP. I don't think that E-UAE under Linux can mount CDs -- virual or otherwise (or at least I couldn't get it to work). Perhaps AmiKit is actually referring to installation under Windows? What I have done in the past is copy the contents of the CD to a directory with the same name as the CD and then add the folder as a harddisk.

Author Verythrax
Partaker
#5 Posted: 29 Jun 2014 00:43 
Good, I'll try that. Thanks!

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Amikit on Linux doesn't recognize virtual CDs

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top