AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 1 [ amikit_noob ]
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

boot from disk

Author mcbone
Partaker
#1 Posted: 6 Jun 2014 10:44 
hello can you tell me how to copy file i need to get bootdisk to work as your you tube gose bit to fast and are ony two file on youryou tube and about 6 file on my disk need file to boot from disk so i can use put disk in to drive from start up

thank mcbone

Author klesterjr
#2 Posted: 6 Jun 2014 12:03 
mcbone
When in doubt, copy the entire contents of the source CD to the appropriate sub-folder in AmiPUP!

In that YouTube video, I was using Amiga Forever, so I copied the "disk.info" file and the "Amiga Files" folder from the AF CD to the "Amiga Forever" sub-folder, which is enough to complete the installation. You will also need to copy a 3.1 rom file (renamed to kick.rom) to the other folder on the AmiPUP desktop.

Don't forget to create a save file the first time you shut down, or you'll need to do it all over again the next time you boot!

Hope this answers your question.

Author mcbone
Partaker
#3 Posted: 6 Jun 2014 12:44 
thank you i give it a go

Author mcbone
Partaker
#4 Posted: 13 Sep 2014 00:18 
hello i still can not get a boot amikit to work so be thinking could you disk booted disk and sale it so people can get it to work thank you

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 13 Sep 2014 01:28 
I cannot due to copyright reasons.

What exactly doesn't work for you?

And by the way, what is your hardware specifications? And what Amiga CD are you trying?

Author david
Partaker
#6 Posted: 14 Dec 2014 17:27 
Hi recently purchased amikit8 on usb stick installed it using amigaforever 2014 program tries to load amikit then crashes software failure error 8000 0025 task 1000 2340 . Also downloaded amipup same result
need help

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 15 Dec 2014 01:06 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi David. I am sorry about that. What computer do you have exactly? Did you install AmiKit for Windows? If so what Windows version you have?

There's one more thing you can try. Run Amiga Forever, switch to "Systems" tab and find AmiKit entry and double-click it. AmiKit will be downloaded and installed. It's AmiKit 7 but as soon as it boots to desktop, new AmiKit 8 update will be found.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 boot from disk

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top