AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Installing Games Add-On

Author LogMan
Partaker
#1 Posted: 14 Apr 2012 19:11 Edited by: LogMan 
I finally managed to d/l the Arti Games add-on but am having a problem installing it.

The Path that AmiKit is in is :

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amigafiles\shared\dir\AmiKit

When I install the add-on there, it makes another AmiKit dir and installs everything in it so I end up with 2 AmiKit directories, which is confusing, and the games don't show up in the AmiKit Games folder from the AmiKit desktop.

I also tried installing it to the AmiKit Games directory, but it still duplicates the AmiKit folder.

I did try manually moving the Arti games folder into the proper Games directory and it does show up in the AmiKit folder from the desktop under Games.

Is that okay to do that or is there a "proper" way to do it ?

I am running AmiKit under Amiga Forever Premium 2012

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 15 Apr 2012 20:49 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi LogMan,

and sorry for the delay, I am bit busy these days.

Now I realized the add-on was released before the AmiKit became the part of Amiga Forever. This means the add-on is meant to install into regular AmiKit installation, let's say C:\Program Files\AmiKit

But this is not a problem as the executable is just a wrap for the files inside. No big deal. You can install the add-on executable anywhere you want. An "AmiKit" folder will be created there. Enter it, using eg. Windows explorer, and you will see folders like Demos, Games, Prefs, utilities and WBStartup. Copy these folders into AmiKit root where folders like Demos, Games, etc. resides.

The new games can be found in AmiKit:Games/Arti folder. There's one more demo in AmiKit:Demos folder too!

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Check out some (old) videos showing some basic features of AmiKit: http://amikit.amiga.sk/knowledge-base.htm#tutorialvideos

Alternatively you can use portals like http://www.amiga.org or http://www.amigaworld.net and ask there. I am sure there are much more people than here, who in addition can react more promptly than me

Author LogMan
Partaker
#3 Posted: 15 Apr 2012 21:37 
Thanks for the reply, no problem with the delay, I understand you have a life besides here too

Pretty well what I was thinking about it being released before Amiga Forever.

I just wondered if it was safe to just copy the files over to the right folder after it installed them.

Thanks again.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 16 Apr 2012 00:35 
You're welcome!

Author LogMan
Partaker
#5 Posted: 5 May 2012 00:00 
Update:

Since I installed Amikit seperately from Amiga Forever 2012, the game add-on installed perfectly.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 5 May 2012 09:43 

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Installing Games Add-On

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑