AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Problems installing and running Amikit on Win 7 64 bit w/ dual monitors (configuration is incorrect)

Author Spihunter
Partaker
#1 Posted: 1 Jan 2012 16:02 
Hello,

My setup is a Dell Optiplex 760 3ghz coreduo
Nividia Geforce 9400 GT
8 GB or ram
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Dual monitors (off the Geforce)

I installed Amikit 1.5 with an Amiga OS 3.9 CD and installation went fine. When I launched Amikit I would get a Red Guru right after workbench loaded and only option would be re-boot.

So after I saw Amikit 1.6 had come out I uninstalled 1.5 with the included unistaller and rebooted and tried installing 1.6. It then gave me the error message " The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail".

I know I should have tried to trouble shoot my original problem but now I'm totally stuck!. Any ideas?.

Author Spihunter
Partaker
#2 Posted: 1 Jan 2012 16:05 
I also tried just manually deleting the original Amikit folder on C: but that didn't help either.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 1 Jan 2012 16:44 
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please re-install AmiKit 1.6.0. Before you start it, download older AmiKit.exe and copy it to your AmiKit installation (overwrite existing file there). Does it work now?

Author Spihunter
Partaker
#4 Posted: 1 Jan 2012 18:12 
Should I uninstall what I have now or just overwrite with a new install?.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 1 Jan 2012 18:13 
Better un-install first.

Author Spihunter
Partaker
#6 Posted: 1 Jan 2012 18:34 
OK, I uninstalled and re-installed and replaced the .exe. It starts up now to the Amikit/WinUAE screen.

Is there any way to launch the Amikit installer so I can set the screenmode, use the OS 3.9 disc, etc...?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 1 Jan 2012 18:42 
Once the AmiKit emulation is started for the first time, it asks you for the CD, screenmode, etc. See here (it's quite outdated tutorial, but it shows what I mean - amikit10.jpg).

When you said "It starts up now to the Amikit/WinUAE screen", what do you see exactly? The requester mentioned above should be displayed.

Author Spihunter
Partaker
#8 Posted: 1 Jan 2012 18:51 
It doesn't go to the installer when I launch it. It goes directly to the windowed screen with the Amikit cat and buttons on the right for "Run Amikit", Documentaion" Configure WinUAE" "Donation", and "View the Website". Nothing is configured when I hit Run Amikit. It just goes straight to the default AROS rom screen.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 1 Jan 2012 19:03 Edited by: AmiKit 
Did you copy ROM3.1 kickstart file to AmiKit\ROMs\ folder and named it kick.rom ?

Author Spihunter
Partaker
#10 Posted: 2 Jan 2012 15:46 
OK great!. I got it up and running and getting no errors this time. Thanks!.
I'll donate again soon!

Paul G.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#11 Posted: 2 Jan 2012 17:52 
Glad to hear it works for you now. I found the bug meanwhile. It is enough to install a small package mentioned in the following thread to fix AmiKit 1.6.0:

http://amikit.amiga.sk/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=3&topic=1104

Author Falke1
#12 Posted: 14 Jan 2012 18:21 
Hallo,
Ich habe ein Problem mit Amikit nach Update auf 1.6.0 startet
Amikit nicht mehr und bleibt im Startbildschirm hängen.
Habe mir auch die neuste Version 1.6.0 geladen uns Installiert
das gleiche Problem.
Bei der Installatiom habe ich CD Amiga OS3.9 eingelegt bei der Bildschirmauflösungen 1280x800 gewählt ohne erfolg.

Bei der Auswahl Dopus-Scalos-Workbench habe ich Workbench
ausgewählt.

Meine Config HP Pavillion Win 7 64 bit 8 MB Ram Grafikkarte Gefoce GT 450
Monitor 24" 1900x1080.

Tut mir leid das ich kein Englich kann,und hoffe das Ihr mir weiterhelfen könnt.
gruß aus Germany/Hessen/Bad Vilbel
Guenter Wirth

Author AmiKit
Admin
#13 Posted: 14 Jan 2012 18:53 
Please re-install. After the system is installed from AmigaOS3.9 CD, select 1024x768 resolution and DOpus. Eject the CD before you reboot. If the boot picture doesn't go away, press the ESC button.

Author Falke1
#14 Posted: 14 Jan 2012 20:30 
Danke für die schnelle Antwort,
das mit Dopus habe ich hinbekommen möchte gerne aber die
alte Variante (Workbench) da ich diese besser verstehe unter Amikit 1.5.9
hatte ich keine Probleme.

Danke an das Amikit Team.
Guenter

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Problems installing and running Amikit on Win 7 64 bit w/ dual monitors (configuration is incorrect)

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑