AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

saving icon state on the amistart bar and workbench desktop...

Author haywirepc
Partaker
#1 Posted: 8 Feb 2010 10:18 
I am trying to customize amikit with icons for applications I have installed... Also, I'd like to move all the desktop icons or most of them off the desktop and onto the start bar...

When I do this, I thought snapshot would save the state but apparently not... When I reboot the icons are gone.

How to I copy icons to the desktop or amistart bar and have them remain the next time I reboot amikit?

Also, I could not delete some of the desktop icons for some reason, tool

Any help would be appreciated, I've been away for so long...

Steven

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 9 Feb 2010 21:54 
Hello Steven and welcome back to AmiKit.

To remove the icon from Magellan's desktop, right click the icon and select "Put Away".

More info here.

There are also AppIcons on the desktop. Their position and appearance is configured by corresponding program they represent. For example AppAssign can be configured via the icon tooltypes (AmiKit:WBStartup/AppIcon). GlobalTrash's icon is configured in its own prefs program.

To add an icon into AmiStart, simply open the corresponding AmiStart's menu you want to put the icon to and then drag and drop the desired icon there. The AmiStart prefs will be saved automatically. If you want to edit properties of this program and icon in AmiStart, press the right mouse button.

Author haywirepc
Partaker
#3 Posted: 18 Feb 2010 01:54 
That worked for most of what I wanted, but how can I get rid of the appassign dock icon? I tried everything and it will not let me delete this or put it away...

Any way to get this off the desktop would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help, running this on a dedicated win machine booting straight to amikit... Looks great so far...

Steven

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 18 Feb 2010 10:25 
Simply move the AppAssign program from AmiKit:WBStartup folder to AmiKit:WBStartup/Disabled folder. This way the program won't be launched on AmiKit start and thus no icon will be shown on desktop.

Author haywirepc
Partaker
#5 Posted: 20 Feb 2010 00:50 
Thanks that did it!

Now, I somehow dorked the download icon from the start menu. The text download is still there and it still works, but how do I get the file folder icon back?

Thanks for your help amikit rocks having a great time with this!

Steven

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 26 Feb 2010 10:54 
Press and hold down left mouse button over the icon. A config icon will appear. There's icon path specified, by default it is: SYS:Internet/Downloads

Btw. there's a backup of default AmiStart configuration if something goes wrong: AmiKit:Utilities/EXPANSION/AmiStart/sm.prefs_bak

Or disable AUTOSAVE feature (open AmiStart menu, hold down right mouse button over any entry). Then you can save changes manually when you are satisfied with them.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 saving icon state on the amistart bar and workbench desktop...

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑