AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

3 stupid newbie questions

Author Idea
Partaker
#1 Posted: 27 Jan 2010 11:16 
Just started with AmigaOS recently, yet already feeling lack of proper organized documentation. So, some questions here:
1) Is there any utility for managing processes included in AmiKit, or ever avaible for AmigaOS ? Just a list with 'kill' button would be enough.
2) It's only me, or Magellan's worbench losing it's recently added icons after each reboot ? Oh, and is there any possiblity to auto-align icons to grid ?
3) There are links to some Win32 applications inside Amikit's menu... What for ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 28 Jan 2010 20:18 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi,

1) yes, you can invoke SysInspector with the following hotkey:
Control + LeftAlt + Numpad 0

Note that removing tasks might render the system unstable due to missing memory protection in AmigaOS.

Btw. the hotkeys can be edited in DOpus, press right-mouse button on empty desktop area -> Settings -> Hotkeys...

2) If you want to create shortcut on your desktop, press the right-mouse button over the icon you want to place on desktop permanently and select Leave Out.
With regards to the grid align, there's no any according to my knowledge. But you can align them by pressing right-mouse button on empty desktop area -> Icons -> Clean up. Note that the position won't be saved until you Snapshot the icons (pressing the right-mouse over the individual icon -> Snapshot, or you can snapshot all of them at once by pressing the right-mouse button on empty desktop area -> Icons -> Snapshot -> Snapshot all).

3) With these icons you can run appropriate Windows application. The screen will be switched to Windows and the application will be run. Note that this might not work on all systems.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 3 stupid newbie questions

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑