AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Task bar icon?

Author Arkhan
Partaker
#1 Posted: 6 Jun 2009 21:33 
Is there a way to change that green orb task bar button? Im not a huge fan of it...

and maybe stop that bouncy arrow too?

Author klesterjr
#2 Posted: 7 Jun 2009 00:41 
The taskbar button is selected via tooltype in the AmiStart icon located in WBStartup.

Currently, it's set to "SYS:Utilities/EXPANSION/AmiStart/icons_extended/Phantom/Button" -- change that to any image you want to use.

There'a also a 'boing ball' version in the same location called 'Button2'.

As for that 'bouncy arrow', it *should* have disappeared after the first reboot -- maybe something didn't go quite as planned during installation.

To turn it off, move the "Boingball" icon out of WBStartup.

Hope this helps.

Author Arkhan
Partaker
#3 Posted: 7 Jun 2009 02:05 
Hmmm. I will try this when I get home!

What about Theme Switcher? I see this addon and looks nice! I can remove all traces of that green background >_<

I keep messing with settings that require a reboot, so maybe that is why.

I had a configured winUAE before Amikit, maybe that is why its goofy!

side note: If I boot a game in WHDLoad, it kicks back to winUAE but wont kick to fullscreen, and... i dont know how to exit the game and go back to Amikit!

Author Arkhan
Partaker
#4 Posted: 7 Jun 2009 04:13 
I totally cant find where you are talking about to change the button...

WBStartup+Prefs is the only thing in my preferences menu

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 7 Jun 2009 09:13 Edited by: AmiKit 
To change the look of AmiStart taskbar button, go to AmiKit:WBStartup/ folder, press and hold down the right mouse button over the AmiStart icon and select Information. Now edit the STARTICON line and enter the path to your own button image or any other image available at AmiKit:Utilities/EXPANSION/AmiStart/icons or icons_extended folder.

To run WHDLoad game (or any other native application) in full screen, either refer to AmiKit FAQ or press F12, the WinUAE settings appear, go to "Display" section and enable "Full-screen native modes" entry. You might want to save the new WinUAE settings to make this change permanent. For more info please refer to WinUAE manual (the help button at the bottom right corner of the WinUAE settings window).

To exit the WHDLoad game, either refer to WHDLoad manual (AmiKit:Locale/Help/English/WHDLoad/WHDLoad.htm) or press F10 while the game is running.

Author Arkhan
Partaker
#6 Posted: 7 Jun 2009 09:58 
oh wow!. that was easy. Im a pretty big amiga rookie.

....is there a way to apply "show all" to every folder to see hidden files or do i have to just do it to folders as i go to them

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 7 Jun 2009 11:04 
If you doubleclick the AmiKit: drive icon located on desktop, the folder opens in "Icon Action mode". Only files with icons are shown. To show the files without icons, right-click the windows upper bar and select "View as -> Show All". To save this settings right-click again and select "Snapshot -> Snapshot Lister".

However if you open another folder here, let's say Devs, the folder opens in its own settings which is saved in Devs icon. You need to configure it yourslef and snapshot lister settings. This is a bit uncomfortable.

Personally I use the "View as -> Name" mode. I apply such a settings to root AmiKit: drive. The advantage of this Name mode is that it always stays in Name mode regardless of the folder you enter. Then if I want to see the icons in particular folder I quickly switch to the Icon mode with the button number 2 as described here http://amikit.amiga.sk/knowledge-base.htm#toolbar

Author Arkhan
Partaker
#8 Posted: 7 Jun 2009 12:26 
interesting.

I noticed you dont really get to setup drives or anything when it installs Amikit

is there a way to create hard disk partitions, and all of that? I am trying to get familiar with the entire Amiga OS directory layout, since its not Windows at all, lol

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 7 Jun 2009 18:03 Edited by: AmiKit 
To set up more drives, simply configure WinUAE/Hard drives section, press the "Add Directory or Archive" button and enter the following data, for example:

Device name: HD0
Volume label: MyDrive
Path: D:\MyAmigaFiles
(untick the Bootable option)

And save your settings. Just do not forget to create D:\MyAmigaFiles folder in Windows environment before.

Once the AmiKit boots up, there will be new drive icon called MyDrive ready to use. No need to format it. Whatever file you put there in AmiKit environment will be visible in Windows environment as well and vice versa.

For more info about WinUAE and Amiga emulation in general please check the following sites:
http://winuaehelp.vware.at/
http://www.tweakguides.com/Amiga_1.html
http://ale.emuunlim.com/guides/guides.shtml

Author Arkhan
Partaker
#10 Posted: 9 Jun 2009 17:39 Edited by: Arkhan 
oh.. neat. I should try that out.

I just made drawers on AMIKIT: (SYS?) to save all of my files

I noticed that when I hit the 3.9gb limit, it auto resized to a 4gb partition! that was pretty cool.

am I able to make more RAM and stuff in AmiKit also

EDIT: Ooo got it! ... but how can I set the size of the directory ? Does it always start at 3.9 and smart-resize?

kinda strange because it says 4gb free 3.9gb in Use 1053% full at the top!

>_>

Author AmiKit
Admin
#11 Posted: 10 Jun 2009 21:04 
Ignore what AmiKit says about free space. The information is incorrect. You have as much space as your Windows partition has. For example if you installed AmiKit on C: and in emulated environment you put files to eg. AmiKit:MyFiles folder, the free space of this folder is limited by the free size of your real C: partition in Windows.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Task bar icon?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑