AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Old A500 Games = too fast

Author CrashMidnick
Partaker
#1 Posted: 12 Apr 2009 19:02 
Hi,

I am playing old A500 games under Amikit using whdload and some of them are unplayable because they run too fast. Is it a problem with whdload or Amikit ? Is there any option to reduce the speed in WinUAE (I have tried the option "match A500 speed" but it doesn't work.

One more question, how (and where) can I add some icons to Amikit and how to apply them to a file/directory or programm ?

Thank you for your help.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 12 Apr 2009 19:27 Edited by: AmiKit 
Note that it is much more easier to play A500 games directly - without using AmiKit. Simply load A500 configuration, insert virtual ADF disks and there you go.

Alternatively you might try to add NOCACHE tooltype into the particular game icon. Press right-mouse button over the icon and select Information. Press the New button and insert the tooltype. For more tooltypes please refer to WHDLoad manual at AmiKit:Locale/Help/English/WHDLoad folder -> Usage and Options part.

With regards to the adding or changing icons:

1) to add icon to a file/folder, switch DOpus window (also called Lister) to name mode (by right-clicking on the windows upper bar and selecting VIew As => Name), mark the desired files/folders, click the "down-arrow" located at the upper right corner of the window and select Add icons.

2) To change the icon image, run startbar -> Tools -> CopyIcon program.
Drag the source icon and drop it to left program's window. Drag one or more file/folders and drop them to right program's window. The result is that all the file/folders dropped to the right program's window will get the icon image shown at the left program's window. Note that to see the result a refresh is needed.

Author CrashMidnick
Partaker
#3 Posted: 12 Apr 2009 20:07 
Ok thank you very much for the answers. I will try the NOCACHE tooltype. If it doesn't worlk i will run winuae in "standard mode".

I will try for icons as well.

Just want to say that Amikit is wonderfull ! You did a really good job.

Author SoheiFox
Partaker
#4 Posted: 26 Jul 2009 03:59 Edited by: SoheiFox 
There is a way to play these games and never leave Amikit.

All you have to do is wait until the whdload nag screen is done, then smack F12. Go under hardware, then CPU emulation speed, and change it to Match A500 speed while you are playing the game.

As soon as you are ready to quit, do the same, but put it back to "Fastest Possible, but maintain Chipset timing" before hitting the Quitkey.

Enjoy!

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Old A500 Games = too fast

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑