AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Clickto front and blanker...

Author haywirepc
Partaker
#1 Posted: 9 Apr 2009 12:05 
First, if I click on the click to front in amikit/tools/commoditites
folder it does not do anything...?

I mean once I click nothing happens and I still can not click windows to front.

I tried copying this to wbstartup and it makes the whole system hang, it wont boot with clicktofront there.

Next, how do I enable screenblanker so I dont burn my screen? Seems like the screen saver should be enabled by default but its not... If I add this to wbstartup, will it work?

Thanks, I am enjoying amikit alot, I just wish there are a list of software that runs on the workbench screen. I am spending alot of time trying to run stuff from aminet that runs in older modes...

All in all, thats the only downside I see. Its funny I find myself using this more and more and leaving windows alone...

Thanks to the developers for a fantastic ready to go system.

I was never that excited by winuae alone, but this is awesome out of the box. I will be donating soon.

Steven

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 9 Apr 2009 12:52 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Steven. I am glad you like and use AmiKit more and more!

With regards to the Click to Front issue, there are two possibilities how to enable such a feature.

The first one is to move the ClickToFront commodity to WBStartup like you described. Just don't forget to add DONOTWAIT tooltype into the commodity's icon. This will ensure the commodity won't block the startup process. To add the tooltype, right-mouse-click the commodity icon and select Information. Then click the New button and add DONOTWAIT text. Then press enter and save.
NOTE that double-click is required to bring windows to front using this commodity.

The second option is to use another tool to enable such a feature (even with single-click). For example the default AmiKit is configured to bring windows to front by single middle-mouse-click. For more info please refer to the following thread:
http://amikit.amiga.sk/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=6&topic=40 3

With regards to the Blanker, feel free to move the commodity to WBStartup. Again, use the DONOTWAIT tooltype as described above together with CX_POPUP=NO tooltype if you want to avoid displaying the blanker's config window during each startup. By the way, the MCPPrefs (as mentioned in the link above) also features blanker.

Author haywirepc
Partaker
#3 Posted: 11 Apr 2009 04:21 
Well I got it working, but for some reason on this pc, my plus and equals key, plus my apostrophe keys do not work in aminet...

I tried to look over the uae settings but I don't see anything about keyboard emulation... Is amikit remapping those keys for some reason?

Steven

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 11 Apr 2009 08:36 
I think this depends on what keyboard driver do you use. Try some different ones in AmiKit:Prefs/Input program, eg. UK keyboard.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Clickto front and blanker...

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑