AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

ansi capable telnet application and installation help for amikit/os 3.x?

Author haywirepc
Partaker
#1 Posted: 1 Apr 2009 04:36 
I am new to amikit and love it so far...

Just about the only program I really want that is not included is an ansi capable telnet client, so I can dial into ansi telnet bulletin board systems (yes there are still many around!)

does anyone know of one I can easily install into amikit, and since I have been away for amiga very long can you please give some instructions on how to install it to amikit?

I'd be so very happy if I could get one that works for amikit...

Thanks,

Steven

Author haywirepc
Partaker
#2 Posted: 1 Apr 2009 08:27 
Well I found a few ansi terminals amtelnet and dctelnet...
Installation was not that hard, what do you know I do remember more of amiga os than I forgot...

Both work, but neither displays ibm extended ansi, just plain colored ascii so most bbs systems look pretty bad...

Does anyone know of an amiga telnet client that supports ibm extended ansi?

Steven

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 1 Apr 2009 08:36 Edited by: AmiKit 
I've have never used such a software on Amiga. Try searching the Aminet:
http://aminet.net/search?query=telnet (Note: Choose the newer clients first)

Btw. try asking at www.amiga.org or www.amigaworld.net portals too.

Author haywirepc
Partaker
#4 Posted: 9 Apr 2009 12:00 
I tried but I still can not find a telnet client that can display ibm extended ansi. Most display ansi, but not ibm extended ansi...

Anyone with any ideas, Im all ears.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 9 Apr 2009 16:15 

Author alanwall
Partaker
#6 Posted: 11 Apr 2009 01:28 
From the 2 links and the date it looks like dctelnet_16.lha-dated 2-2-08- is the best and newest !
As to a blanker, I use glmatrix_68k.exe from Aminet and like
AmiKit says-don't forget to do the "donotwait" and then but in wbstart.You will also need to set some other options with it, like the delay time to start.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 11 Apr 2009 08:38 
GLMatrix is part of AmiKit too. It just sits in WBStartup/Disabled folder. To enable it, simply move it to WBStartup folder.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 ansi capable telnet application and installation help for amikit/os 3.x?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑