AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Printer setup

Author John Paul Copeland
Partaker
#1 Posted: 3 Mar 2009 21:48 
Hi,
I have looked over the suggestions for printer setup, but find them not detailed enough. I need to have the info passed to the printer on the XP side. Can someone give me a step by step so I can print from FinalWriter.
Thanks,
John Paul

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 3 Mar 2009 22:15 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi John Paul. To tell you the truth I have never printed anything using AmiKit or any other emulated Amiga environment. All I can do for you is to point you to these two links (which you might have checked already)

http://winuaehelp.vware.at/ (Tips -> Hints for Power Users section)
http://www.amigaforever.com/kb/3-146.html

Btw. what is your AmiKit version? There was some mess in AmiKit:Devs/Printers folder in v1.5.4 (and earlier version) which could prevent the AmiKit from printing. But this mess only occurred if Amiga Forever was used as a source of system files for AmiKit. The issue is fixed since v1.5.5

Author Toni Wilen
#3 Posted: 4 Mar 2009 18:27 Edited by: Toni Wilen 
Postscript (using Ghostscript) is most compatible and quite easy method.

Make sure you use B&W or Color (Color works even if you have greyscale printer) setting in Amiga-side Postscript printer setup. Most greyscale Amiga Postscript drivers are buggy and will crash..

- Install Ghostscript (just install it, nothing else needed)
- Select printer in WinUAE GUI, tick "postscript emulation" and "postscript detection"
- Boot Amiga, Printer preferences, select Postscript printer.
Done

Author John Paul Copeland
Partaker
#4 Posted: 29 Mar 2009 19:19 
Hi,
Do I have to install ghostscript on the PC side or just the AmiKit
Thanks,
John Paul

Author Toni Wilen
#5 Posted: 31 Mar 2009 18:24 
Ghostscript is only needed in PC side. On AmiKit side you only need to copy Postscript printer driver from storage to devs:printers and configure it using prefs/printers.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Printer setup

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑