AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Patches in AmiKit available for real Amiga install?

Author Nyle
Partaker
#1 Posted: 25 Apr 2008 21:05 
This has probably been asked before but is the patch kit that ships with AmiKit available as a separate download for Amiga users who still use Amiga hardware? It would be really helpful to have an installer that put on many of the post 3.9 patches automatically into my A4000.

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I did a quick read of the FAQs and this beginners forum and didn't see it.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 25 Apr 2008 22:31 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hello,

there is the separate archive that contains all the patches included with AmiKit. The archive doesn't contain the install script, though. I am afraid I won't have enough time to prepare and debug such an automatic install script for real Amigas. I am sorry.

Author Nyle
Partaker
#3 Posted: 25 Apr 2008 22:47 
Hey, even the archive is useful. Thank you for that.

I take it the script copies files to different locations than it would on AmigaOS 3.9? I thought it would be an AmigaOS installer script already?

Thanks for the help.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 26 Apr 2008 17:03 Edited by: AmiKit 
The script in AmiKit simply locates the original files (or extracts them from the AmigaOS ROM Update file if necessary), applies the patches and use the patched files instead of the original ones. Just according to the installation manual of each of the patch.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Patches in AmiKit available for real Amiga install?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑