AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

ESC key and installation dir on PC

Author Clyde
Partaker
#1 Posted: 17 Feb 2008 20:03 
Hi there!

First I want to thank you a lot for that great tool! A long time I was just a passive Amigan (passive means reading the latest news on the web and in Amiga Future) - but now I use it every day.

So I have to questions:

1) Is the ESC key used my some commidity or sth? My special problem occurs with Cubic IDE: Normally, when I press ESC in Cubic there should be sth like the auto completion of syntax. But when I hit ESC I get the "Close" dialog where I can save my work or abort. How can I disable this behaviour for Cubic so I can use the function for Cubic?

2) This is related to the PC installation: Is it possible, if I just move my Amikit installtion to another partition and alter the link to it? Or do I have to install Amikit new if I want to have it on another partition?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 17 Feb 2008 21:36 
Hello,

1) In Directory Opus Magellan II there is the ESC key assigned to close the Magellan's windows. But I think it's only related to the Magellan's windows. Anyway, try to disable it: press the right mouse button and select Settings -> Hotkeys. The configuration window will pop up. Select the "Close Lister" entry and assign it to another key (by pressing the Edit button) or delete it completely by pressing the Delete button.

If it doesn't help, please contact the author of Cubic IDE.

2) Yes, I think there should not be any problem if you move your AmiKit folder to some other location as the default config paths are set relatively. Just be careful when installing AmiKit manual updates or add-ons. These packages are provided as Windows executable installers and by default they use the original install path of AmiKit. Just point them to your new location manually during their installation.

Author Clyde
Partaker
#3 Posted: 18 Feb 2008 09:15 
Thanks a lot for your answer!

1) Well, the first thing I did was contacting Dietmar, the author of Cubic, and he told me, that this has nothing to do with Cubic, as there is the "Alt+F4" combination to close the app and ESC for auto completion ...
So I tried your suggestion with the hotkey but I had no effect. I guess you don't have any other idea, what could cause that behaviour?
When I am at home today I will try the ESC key with other programmes like Hollywood Designer etc. Let's see what happens then.

2) Cool! Well, I assume the updates llok in the registry for Amikits installation path? Maybe I can find the keys there and change the value. Or do you know where/for what (except "Amikit) I have to look for to find all registry keys?

Thanks and greetings!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 19 Feb 2008 22:24 Edited by: AmiKit 
1) No more ideas from me, sorry. Or, maybe, you might want to disable something in WBStartup to see whether it has some effect on the issue.

2) The AmiKit installation path information can be found as a part of the InnoSetup installer registry entries. I don't remember where it resides exactly, try to find "Inno" string in registry keys.

Author Clyde
Partaker
#5 Posted: 26 Feb 2008 10:03 
Ok, thanks for your reply, AmiKit. I wasn't able to find the tool that closes the programmes by pressing ESC but fortunately I can edit the keyboard settings in Cubic so I remaped the ESC key.

Author Clyde
Partaker
#6 Posted: 1 Nov 2008 10:06 
Hi there!

Sorry for posting in this old thread, but maybe this is useful for others, too.

1) Is the ESC key used my some commidity or sth? My special problem occurs with Cubic IDE: Normally, when I press ESC in Cubic there should be sth like the auto completion of syntax. But when I hit ESC I get the "Close" dialog where I can save my work or abort. How can I disable this behaviour for Cubic so I can use the function for Cubic?

Finally I found the place where ESC is assigned - it is used by MMKeyboard! You find it under Amikit:Utilities/MMKeyboard/ Start the tool and delete the entry for assigning ESC to closing the window.

Cheers!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 1 Nov 2008 13:10 
Thanks!

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 ESC key and installation dir on PC

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑