AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

WHDLoad

Author mmace
Partaker
#1 Posted: 1 Feb 2008 12:34 
OK, I've been away from the Amiga for years, but am back thanks to Amikit

It's about 10 years since I put a game on the HDD using WHDLoad (on my real amiga PPC)

how do I do it with Amikit?
I've put some LHA's on the desktop that have the loader inside for some games (which I've loaded into the floppy drive in WinUAE)
I double click Install and nothing happens

any ideas?

thanks in advance

sorry for being so rusty, I used to be an expert on the Amiga but I've been away too long and got used to Windows & Mac!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 1 Feb 2008 13:08 Edited by: AmiKit 
Not a problem.

Based on your description I think you did not unpack the whole installation archive. Yes, it is possible to doubleclick the archive. In this case a new window appears displaying the content of the archive. In this window you can even doubleclick and run files. But such a doubleclicked file is extracted to temporary folder and it is run from there. This means if such a files want to call another file that was part of the archive, such a call fails because the called file was not extracted to the temporary folder, you know.

First of all, download the latest WHDLoad installer archive for the given game from http://whdload.de/download.html

Once the archive is downloaded please check the tutorial videos how to unpack the archive.

Then simply enter the folder where you extracted the archive, switch the window to icon mode and run the installer (I mean doubleclick the install icon). Then follow the installer's instructions. It will ask you to insert the ADF images of the given game. Simply insert such a file into WinUAE virtual drives (press F12 to enter the WinUAE configuration) and continue with the installation.

Author mmace
Partaker
#3 Posted: 1 Feb 2008 13:56 
excellent, thank you so much for all your help

I'll get back into the swing of things again soon, can't believe how much I've forgotton!

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 WHDLoad

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑