AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Basic Questions

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#1 Posted: 18 Dec 2007 18:26 
1. Using F12 to display WinUAE properties, what settings should I use as the default? Amikit settings as set in their package?

2. I assume my floppy disk drive connected via USB on my PC cannot be used in the WinUAE environment?

3. I have no middle button on my notebook touch pad.My only option is to use an external mouse?

4. When attempting to load support videos from the Amikit help page, I get an "unkown data type" on the IBrowse screen. What do I have missiong?

5. To avoid the initial delay when launching Amikit, The Opus? box wants a registration number. I've looked on the internet and I found Opus for sale at $95.00.My only choice to avoid paying the charge and not use the product or hold down the shift key?

6. I still have no idea how to launch programs that I have downloaded. I download to Internet/programs/ file and can display the file(s) but don't understand how to convert to a useable file. I have an unarc icon but apparently do not have unarc loaded to my machine. How do I deterime if icon is not loaded (except when attempting to launch the utility, nothing is displayed. Where can. What source to acquire unarc?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 19 Dec 2007 00:12 Edited by: AmiKit 
1. If you start AmiKit using its launcher (AmiKit.exe) the WinUAE is started automatically with the "AmiKit_v1.UAE" settings.

2. I think it should work. Any USB device connected to your PC should be visible and usable in AmiKit as well.

3. The middle mouse button is used to bring windows to front. To assign different button please follow this LINK.

4. The IBrowse is not configured to recognize and play the video directly. You can download the video to hard disk and either use Amiga or Windows to replay it. Simply doubleclick the downloaded file. I recommend to use Windows because the player on Amiga side (FroggerNG) is shareware and in unregistered form it plays only part of the video file.

5. You can buy it directly from the authors for much less: 65 Australian Dollars. It's about 55 American Dollars. Please follow this LINK.

Alternatively you can make the run button be pressed automatically. Edit S:Startup-Sequence and remove the ;" sign from the begining of ;Run >NIL: C:CPointer" line. Choose the correct line according to your screen resolution used in AmiKit. NOTE: This procedure does NOT affect the 10 second startup delay in any way of course!

Or use MorpheuZ (located on desktop) and switch to Scalos or Workbench environment instead of the Opus.

6. Unfortunatelly, UnArc is not the part of Amiga Forever package and thus if you have used Amiga Forever as a source of the system files for AmiKit the UnArc is not the part of the AmiKit neither. Check this LINK for more details. You can use MUIUnArc instead. Better check the tutorial videos first. 3 of them are devoted to archiving and unarchiving the files.

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#3 Posted: 19 Dec 2007 07:09 
Thank you for your assistance!

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Basic Questions

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑