AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

AmiKit Desktop

Author amig00b
Partaker
#1 Posted: 27 Jan 2007 22:00 
Hi!
Is there a way to change the icons on the desktop?
I tried adding one and then saving with "save layout" but when I reset AmiKit, the icon wasn't positioned where I put it. Also, I deleted one, and now I have a gap between my icons. How can I customize the icon layout? thnx

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 27 Jan 2007 22:23 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hello,

the "Save Layout" option saves the layout of all file Listers and Buttons Banks on the screen, not the icons.

To place the icon onto desktop, press and hold right mouse button over an icon and select "Leave Out". To save the position of the icon, press and hold right mouse button over the icon and select "Snapshot".

You can use "AmiKit:Prefs/Screenmode AmiKit" program to restore the default icons. Simply select the same screen mode as you are using now and reboot your AmiKit. Note: the program overwrites your current desktop icons and uses the default ones instead.

Hope it helps you. Feel free to ask more if necessary.

Author amig00b
Partaker
#3 Posted: 27 Jan 2007 22:38 
That's exactly what I needed!
Thanks for the quick reply! Kudos to you my man!

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 AmiKit Desktop

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑