AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

AF200 Directories in Amikit?

Author John PC
Partaker
#1 Posted: 12 Jan 2007 04:33 
Hello,
I'm new to Amikit, having just installed it today. Everything went well and I'm quite impressed with the way it looks!
I have managed to get a few .adf images working fine, though I noticed that one (Battle Chess) reverted the screen back to the old Workbench. I am curious if there is any way of utilizing the directories I've already created using Amiga Forever. All my programs are already installed in my other "Work"/"System" virtual drives... Is there any way of porting/booting Amikit with these so I don't have to reinstall everything again?
Thanks,
John PC

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 12 Jan 2007 11:39 Edited by: AmiKit 
If you have problem with older games, try to install them using the WHDLoad installers found on www.whdload.de Direct link to Battle Chess installer is here.

You can add whatever directory to AmiKit. AmiKit is configured to add PC drives at startup by default which means your "C:", "D:" etc. partitions should be visible and accessible within AmiKit desktop. The PC partitions in AmiKit are displayed as "WinDH_C:", "WinDH_D:", etc. OR - if the partitions have additional names - the names are used instead (like WinXP: or whatever). Even if you plugg an USB flashdisk into your PC before you start the emulation, you should be able to read/write this flashdisk using AmiKit.

If your programs are stored in virtual harddisk (a hardfile with .hdf suffix), then simply add this hardfile to AmiKit. Run the AmiKit launcher and press "Configure WinUAE" button. Go to "Hard drives" settings, select "Add hardfile" and enter the path to your hardfile you want to add. You might want to save your new settings - go to "Configurations" settings where you will see AmigaForever configurations entries only though. You have to press "Save As..." button and save your new AmiKit settings to your AmiKit directory, eg. "C:\Program Files\AmiKit\WinUAE\Configurations\AmiKit_v1.uae". Then everytime you hit the "Run AmiKit" button, your new settings will be used automatically.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 AF200 Directories in Amikit?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑