AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 287 [27 Apr 2018 00:59]
Guests - 287 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

AmikitX wwas working fine but now crashing close to 90% being loaded?

Author f1lupo
Partaker
#1 Posted: 10 Aug 2018 02:15 
1st off big thanks to Jans and contributors for AmikiX !
is there a place I can send the minidump info after a crash or can I just post it here?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 10 Aug 2018 10:03 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi and welcome to forum!

Only the author of WinUAE understands what minidump is about, I guess

But you can tell me what you did/installed before AmiKit started to behave like that. Also I need this information from you, please.

To basic troubleshoot, press ESC to close the boot picture. Maybe some requester or important info is hiding behind it.

Also you might try to boot with no startup-sequence (press and hold both mouse buttons when rebooting) and type AmiKitReset (or Execute AmiKitReset). It will reset screenmode and restore default startup programs.

Author f1lupo
Partaker
#3 Posted: 11 Aug 2018 00:32 
@ Amikit

thanks for the quick reply, I basically didn't install anything new etc. and it was working normal till problem in thread title happened. Tried keepin both mouse buttons pressed at startup but no luck as get same error all the time.

- your AmiKit version number

- is it Windows, Mac or Linux installation?
Win7 Pro
- which AmigaOS version have you used to install AmiKit?

OS3.9

- which Amiga desktop manager do you use - Directory Opus (default), Workbench or Scalos?

Scalos

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 11 Aug 2018 00:41 
Did you manage to boot with no startup-sequence and execute the AmiKitReset command? It might be difficult to get to the early startup menu - hold both mouse buttons even before you reboot to make sure the buttons are registered on reboot.

Did you try to press the ESC button when boot image is shown?

Maybe Scalos is the problem. If you renamed AmiKit: drive to something else, a requester asking for AmiKit might be waiting for you hidden behind the boot picture.

Or if you haven't installed or changed much in AmiKit, the most simple solution would be to re-install it.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Jan

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 AmikitX wwas working fine but now crashing close to 90% being loaded?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top